Church

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photoparsec.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
LEt me know what you think of the shot. I was trying for something different here, as the other photos I took looked too simple, and I couldn't get the right lighting at the particular time in the day I was shooting.

Exposure time 1/350
F number 8
Exposure program Shutter priority

Church.jpg

The exposure looks about correct (some of the trees are a little too dark), but there is really no subject, other than the dark green trees in the background and the tops of a couple of tombstones. The composition is also way off. Try going back and reshooting with more of the church and tombstones in a more composed sort of photo. There is too much sky in this picture as well. A nice try, but I'd like to see something with more potential.

Good luck!
- Beardman

There is a lot wrong with this shot including the blurred foreground but the main weakness as Dobbs suggested is no subject or visual centre of interest.

skieur

I wasn't taking a conventional photograph here, my intentions were to take something a little different, as I didn't think much of the standard photos.

This was one of the various photos I took, I just didn't like them. I think next time I will have to think about what the shot will look like before I take it. It just looks like a shot anyone with a point and shoot camera could take.

Church2.jpg

Well, while you might think and feel that the second of the two photos you are presenting here looks like one that ANYONE can take with a Point&Shoot, I'm afraid your first looks like an ACCIDENT that can happen to just about anyone with his Point&Shoot. You went for the different, accepted, and to go for the different is good, in general, but did not work out here. Sorry.

I like it. The subject is hard to find with the eye, but it isn't entirely invisible.

It makes me wanna ask the question why doesn't anyone trim those trees?

Honestly, I like the second picture you posted better, but that's like, because as others have said, it seems to have more of a focal point for the picture. I think the exposure looks good and maybe you could get a pictures with the actual tombstones in the foreground instead of a bush. That might help.

if you can reshoot, perhaps a different composition to be considered is a tombstone that takes up most of the bottom portion of the frame and the church steeple dominates the upper part? shot at an upward angle? lots of details in the weather worn tombstone and a medium aperture so that the church isn't completely in focus but enough to know what it is?

getting better... keep working on it.

Most reactions

Back