circleofphotographers.com

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Phoncible, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Phoncible

Phoncible TPF Noob!

Does anyone have experience with www.circleofphotographers.com ? is it legitimate?
    Because i entered their contest, and am now told i'm going to be published in their catalogue. But i have to buy it to be in the contest for the prize. All seems a little suspicous..

Kai

2. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit

I think you're right.

3. walter23

walter23 TPF Noob!

Sounds a bit hokey to me. I once entered a piece of writing in a similar contest (knowing full well it was mostly just a scam), and I've received about a thousand emails like this ever since:

=====
    Walter,

Your amazing creative work is an inspiration to us all. You have been selected to attend a special conference in Las Vegas where you will read your work to a select crowd of other writers. You will be recognized in front of your international peers and attend special workshops! blahblahblahblahblah you kick ass, special awards, $50,000 grand prize!

SIGN UP NOW AND YOU WILL ALSO RECEIVE THIS SILVER* 18" TROPHY! A $57.99 value!!

*Silver plated thermoplastic
    =====

Of course it only costs $4999 to attend this special awards ceremony for which I have been specially selected. Then there are offers to buy a special limited edition book in which I have been "published" (only $100, and only $50 each if you buy more than 10! Send them to your friends and family!). They also mail me prestigious looking certificates of accomplishment (in the style of YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO WIN $25,000,000 certificates).

The site is poetry.com if you're interested.

You get the point.

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't know about that site in particular but I have had a similar experience. Entered a photo contest, they tell you that your photo will be published in a book that you can buy for $60-$80.

The book has thousands & thousands of small photographs...

Obviously they are just trying to make money selling the books back to the "winning" photographers.