circleofphotographers.com

Phoncible

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with www.circleofphotographers.com ? is it legitimate?
Because i entered their contest, and am now told i'm going to be published in their catalogue. But i have to buy it to be in the contest for the prize. All seems a little suspicous..

Kai

Phoncible said:
All seems a little suspicous...

I think you're right.

Sounds a bit hokey to me. I once entered a piece of writing in a similar contest (knowing full well it was mostly just a scam), and I've received about a thousand emails like this ever since:

=====
Walter,

Your amazing creative work is an inspiration to us all. You have been selected to attend a special conference in Las Vegas where you will read your work to a select crowd of other writers. You will be recognized in front of your international peers and attend special workshops! blahblahblahblahblah you kick ass, special awards, $50,000 grand prize!

*Silver plated thermoplastic
=====

Of course it only costs $4999 to attend this special awards ceremony for which I have been specially selected. Then there are offers to buy a special limited edition book in which I have been "published" (only $100, and only $50 each if you buy more than 10! Send them to your friends and family!). They also mail me prestigious looking certificates of accomplishment (in the style of YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO WIN $25,000,000 certificates).

The site is poetry.com if you're interested.

You get the point.

I don't know about that site in particular but I have had a similar experience. Entered a photo contest, they tell you that your photo will be published in a book that you can buy for $60-$80.

The book has thousands & thousands of small photographs...

Obviously they are just trying to make money selling the books back to the "winning" photographers.

Most reactions

Back