circular rainbow? wierd.

rhinoryan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i've never seen this before, its not lens flare, it looked exactly like this when i wasn't looking thru the camera...... was raining very heavily then it stopped and my flatmate went outside to have a look then came back in and told me to bring my camera outside..... has anyone here seen this before? the rainbow was actually alot brighter then it is in this pic.....

IMG_4991.jpg

Sometime last fall my wife's aunt took a photo like this as well, not as good as yours though. I haven't seen one myself but apparently they happen occasionally. Nice capture.

He's got a halo in that shot for certain, but the rainclouds around the sun have also given that really localised rainbow effect which almost goes all the way round as well!

I have always been told they are "sun dogs" which look like they go hand in hand.

Pretty neat to see. I have actually seen them with arc rainbows coming off of them too.

That's what I've always heard them called, too. It's pretty rare to see a full one, but you see sections pretty frequently. I've never seen what your talking about Unspoiled, but it sounds AWESOME! Nature is cool :)

I thought all rainbows were complete circles. anyways, awesome capture.
I got this one night, was pretty cool. There was a rainbow just out of frame too, never seen a rainbow at night before, but sure nuff, there it was ever so faint in the distance.

4152204034_3144afa191_b.jpg

Most reactions

Back