City ablaze

Geronimo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went trudging thru the mud the other night to get this shot down at the port looking back over downtown Anchorage. There was a slight fog blowing thru that night.

101704.jpg

Oh wow. That's really amazing!! I love the colours and tones in this, and the shapes of the main subject in the middle are really interesting. I love too that the water is so still. Beautiful.

The only thing that bothered me was some of the bits sticking up out the water. I thought they were dust flecks or something on my monitor, only to find them still there after cleaning it!! LOL Anyway you can get rid of those?

I really like this shot. Mind sharing the exposure details? Only thing I would do is crop a little off the left to center everything a bit more. The trailers on the left and the dock deal on the right lead you right into the heart of the buildings and then everything just kinds explodes upwards with the fog formation. Awsome stuff.............

uhhh a...w...e...s...o...m...e ... s&%^ how did you take it?!?! wonderful!

Thanks for the comments all.
Exp info
F/10
30 seconds exposure
ISO 100
focial lenght ~ 29 mm after calucalting for the digital magnification

The foreground water is just a large puddle infront of the abandoned storage equipment inside the Port of Anchorage. There is actually an old boat along the right side but covered by a few containters. I find it an interesting place for photos, mainly because it is a forgotten part of the city to most, expect the fishermen.

Absolutely gorgeous image, Gero. I love it. I wouldn't crop any off the sides, because you'd cut into that fabulous clous formation. It's just wonderful to view, like eye candy! :D

The black stuff sticking out of the water is a tad distracting, but that's a minor nitpick. It's lovely.

Thanks for the comments. When I get a chance I will try to edit out those objects in the water.
Here is another one from the next night I was out shooting. A storm front was coming in from the left and trying to drop some snow on us.

102404.jpg

Just didnt feel like starting another thread for it.

amazing.. i agree with one of the replies about the spots in the lower part of the photo being distracting because the rest is just so majestical.. i wouldnt crop either, its perfect that way for me.

Most reactions

Back