City light streaks - CC please

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had to stand a bit in the street, right at a corner where cars turn somewhat sharp...I had a spotter watching out hehe.

My eye caught the green colours from a distance, when we were doing another shoot, so we moved in to investigate the possibilities.

Exposure: 8 sec
Aperture: f/13.0
Focal Length: 10 mm
ISO Speed: 100

4097252390_860b61aee3_o.jpg

Nice shot. I am usually not a fan of tilted pictures but this works. I love that green building. It's an instant eye catcher.

I find tilting a shot like this, with light streaks, works better most of the time than a straight shot... the tilt adds more of a sense of action.

Thanks for the comments.

For me the amount of tilt detracts from the sense of motion here by making the streaked lights to close to parallel with the foundation of the frame.

I also find the composition unbalanced and have the sense it would have been a stronger image as a straight up vertical.

But that's all opinion.

It's a well executed image that appeals to it's author, and that's what goes in the bank.

Vert4097252390_860b61aee3_o.jpg

Very cool! Love the vantage point; its like looking down a tunnel. Definitely drawn to the green building (really cool) then I look down the tunnel. What's your typical focus point for a shot like this?

i love it, that green building is a real eye catcher!!!

i personally would photoshop out that random light in the upper right. thats just me tho.

One more thing I might crop out that street light in the right; the halo on it is a little distracting.

pfft, god don't straighten it you soul-less monsters! :lol:

big this is FANTASTIC!

Good eye... LOVE the green, LOVE the streaks. Just awesome.

I like the tilt, especially the bike path.

Great shot!! :thumbup:

I love it!! The green building and the red lights just make the picture "pop" Very nice!!

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

kMh, I see where you are coming from. Just use the light streaks to show motion instead of adding on the tilt. Thanks for trying out that straightening. One of the reasons I also like the tilt is that it allows me to get more streaks in there than a straight shot.

Thanks for taking the time to recrop :)

StickShift and myjay610, thanks for the recommendation. I'll definatly look into fixing that up.

Awesome shot. I think the tilt definitely works well too. Good job :)

Most reactions

Back