City Link must be destroyed...whos with me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Becky, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Becky

Becky TPF Noob!

Arrrghhhh!!!!

I hate them, I hate them, I hate them.

Without fail, and I mean 100% without fail, if something is due to be couriered to me by City Link, there is some massive balls up.

Next day delivery for a new :camera: and lens... two days later I sit impatiently twiddling my thumbs by the door. How can people get away with such crap service? I paid extra for next delivery and this is how it goes...

"Err the driver ran out of time and went home... err the driver couldnt find it (yes he even had my mobile number should he get lost)... err we're not sure where it is today... err we can't get in contact with the driver"... err, I'm going to bomb your depots if I don't have it by 5pm today... did I say that out loud?

Last time they were bringing me something I had a similar cafuffle for over a week and when a driver finally sauntered up to the door he remarked...

" has someone been waiting for this or something?" :meh::banghead::madass::angry1:

2. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

Yeah, and getting a refund for "priority guaranteed" delivery is damn impossible as well. What can you do?

Rob

3. Becky

Becky TPF Noob!

I'm sure we'll think of something! :mrgreen: :greendev:

4. Arch

Arch Damn You! Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    if the price is right.... i'll take care of them for you :mrgreen:

na, i know that pain.... waiting for a parcel you ordered is like waiting to find out if you have cancer or not!...... i know thats over the top..... but its the same feelin right?!!....... why is that.... another of gods flaws.

5. Becky

Becky TPF Noob!

Yes I know! I'm people-patient but not parcel-patient... why is this? I'd much rather it the other way round!! :lol:

...lol I'd say its worse in this case, I know I don't have cancer but damn sure I know theres a camera in a box with my name on it in a city link van somewhere!

6. wolfepakt

wolfepakt TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    that sounds like the USPS or DHL here in the states! I only like to have things shiped UPS or FEDEX

7. JDS

JDS TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    DHL isn't so bad in my experience, but USPS is awful for anything bigger than a normal sized envelope. I do prefer UPS or FEDEX though..I know of so many problems that others have had with DHL.

8. magicmonkey

magicmonkey TPF Noob!

Completely with you on this one, City Link are the worst courier in the UK, possibly the world!

9. PetersCreek

PetersCreek TPF Noob!

Now ya see, my experience has been a lot different than yours. USPS Priority Mail gives me the greatest bang for the buck when shipping things to and from my home here in Alaska. USPS has been every bit as reliable, too. Sure, there's the ocassional screw up but no more so than FedEx or UPS.

The vendors that don't offer USPS really aggravate me. FedEx is fine and dandy...I use 'em frequently at home and at work...but there's no ground service available for us, so I'm stuck with 2-day express or faster and a lot of vendors charge a premium over and above the actual FedEx cost. One outfit even tried to charge me about $100 to ship a motherboard when the actual shipping cost was $30. I wish those folks would buy a clue, or somethin'.

10. Becky

Becky TPF Noob!

DHL usually screw me over too... I've found that my packages often get stolen by DHL staff when they reach the Belfast depot and have to be re-sent lol, such a pain.

Anyway... I got my goods today... no not thanks to City Link... thanks to my mom!!!

She works in a school not far from where I live who often get City Link deliveries... when they arrived she went out and harrassed the driver and personally climbed into the van to look for my package when he said he couldn't see it.... talk about way to go mum!!!

The conversation went like this...

MUM: my daughter has been waiting on a next day delivery package for a few days, would it be on your list for today?
    CITY LINK: uhh, dunno?
    MUM: well it would say on your delivery sheet surely?
    CITY LINK: oh right yeh
    MUM: have you got a delivery to Ballygally? (where I live)
    CITY LINK: wheres Ballygally?
    MUM: thats the one there, so it must be in your van?
    CITY LINK: umm?
    MUM: shall we go outside and you can check?
    CITY LINK: I don't see it (whilst throwing various fragile packages around the back of the van)
    MUM: right then, I'll have a look shall I? (proceeds to climb in...)
    MUM: this is it here, thankyou goodbye!

I mean really?... my mother had to intercept it or I never would have bloody gotten it!!! Mums... gotta lovem eh? :heart::hugs:

Absolute idiots... I shall never place an order again with a business who intend to use CL for delivery... appalling!! :x

The new stuff :mrgreen:... decided to go for the 30D in the end as I hadnt enough for the 5D with lenses and my 350D was getting shabby and soon to be worth very little, so I thought I'd sell up while I could... that and I wanted a new camera lol!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...poor pic quality due to dodgy old compact that kicks around the house!