City of Graffiti

Excellent HDR pic. I like it! Nice job. When the weather gets better here in Illinois, I plan on getting out & doing more HDR photos. Thanks for sharing,

Good one! I think I have to take my HDR out of the forum where HDRs actually should go into, i.e. the Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery and put it up into the General Gallery if I want more than just two persons to see it ... :scratch:

Other than that I agree with our Sw1tchFX on the tilt and that it does NOT make the photo any better. It looks like a mistake, not like something you did on purpose in order to underline something. But other than that ... great fun, isn't it?

Now that you have posted your HDR into the General Gallery, where you get more replies, but where it actually should not be, I might draw your attention to my (correctly placed :greenpbl: :wink: ) own first real three-exposure-through-auto-bracketing-HDR in the Graphics_Programs_and_Photo_Gallery ;). Maybe some of you find their way over there, too, for a change.

It's obviously unintentional because it's not at a steep enough angle to otherwise immediately recognize that the tilt benefits the composition. It does nothing here except detract from it. I'm not saying mistakes can't be great, i'm saying that with this photograph in particular, the mistake is the opposite of great.

Sure, "some of the best things happened by accident", but this tilt is most certainly not one of those great things.

unless a tilt leads the viewers eye into the subject, it does nothing to add to it.

Fair enough. I happen to completely disagree but I'm sure you knew that.

Im not going to comment on the horizon tilt since I think that subject has run its course. I know Ive been guilty of it myself, so we can only learn from things like that and move on.

Im glad you posted this Robbie. The HDR certainly gives it an interesting texture and feel. You are brave for attempting a 3 exposure HDR with moving cars like that. ;) I tend to use still or static subjects so that I am assured of sharpness and clarity.

But as I said, Im glad to see your effort on this. I like the clouds and sky. There is quite a bit going on there. Although, Im not sure I would have included the brushy looking trees on the left, because I think it distracts from the overall effect of the freeway movement. Just my opinion. :)

Did you use photoshop's HDR merge or photomatix?

I like it. Thanks for sharing.

very nice!! I have been wanting to try HDR but haven't yet. Nice job :thumbup:

awesome photo!
Thanks edtek!
Excellent HDR pic. I like it! Nice job. When the weather gets better here in Illinois, I plan on getting out & doing more HDR photos. Thanks for sharing,
Yeah, this was my first HDR in a long time. I had to re-tonemap 4 times until I got somthing I liked! Thanks for the comment.
Good one! I think I have to take my HDR out of the forum where HDRs actually should go into, i.e. the Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery and put it up into the General Gallery if I want more than just two persons to see it ... :scratch:

Other than that I agree with our Sw1tchFX on the tilt and that it does NOT make the photo any better. It looks like a mistake, not like something you did on purpose in order to underline something. But other than that ... great fun, isn't it?

Now that you have posted your HDR into the General Gallery, where you get more replies, but where it actually should not be, I might draw your attention to my (correctly placed :greenpbl: :wink: ) own first real three-exposure-through-auto-bracketing-HDR in the Graphics_Programs_and_Photo_Gallery ;). Maybe some of you find their way over there, too, for a change.
Hmm, sorry. I'll post my HDR's there from now on.
Im not going to comment on the horizon tilt since I think that subject has run its course. I know Ive been guilty of it myself, so we can only learn from things like that and move on.

Im glad you posted this Robbie. The HDR certainly gives it an interesting texture and feel. You are brave for attempting a 3 exposure HDR with moving cars like that. ;) I tend to use still or static subjects so that I am assured of sharpness and clarity.

But as I said, Im glad to see your effort on this. I like the clouds and sky. There is quite a bit going on there. Although, Im not sure I would have included the brushy looking trees on the left, because I think it distracts from the overall effect of the freeway movement. Just my opinion. :)

Did you use photoshop's HDR merge or photomatix?

I like it. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks NJ. The cars actually worked out for me, I think it's because I clicked "remove moving objects" or somethin like that. I guess the bush does kinda get in the way, I really didn't have time to move somewhere else though, my dad was rushing me haha. P.S. I used photomatix
very nice!! I have been wanting to try HDR but haven't yet. Nice job :thumbup:
Thanks man, it's really not THAT hard, just takes a lot of experimenting.

Hmm and maybe I should try straightening this photo, we'll see.

I agree on the horizon tilt as being distractive and adding an element of amateurish to an otherwise very interesting and nice photo.

Attention to details tends to separate pros from hobbyists (using "pros" and "hobbyist" as a measure of ability and skill not as an accounting term.)

Photography is the culmination of a bunch of details. When one misses/skips these details or attends to all the little things will make a difference in your images and tend to separate your images from being consistently good/pro or consistently average/hobbyist.

Gary

IMPROVED VERSION:

After a few days thinking about it, and reading your guys' posts, I have came to the conclusion that straightening the photo is a smart idea. It was hard to judge what "straight" was though, hopefully I got it right.

main.php

I definitely see improvement, thanks Sw1tchFX and others for influencing this "refined" version. :thumbup:

I love it :]

The clouds draw my eyes in more than anything else.

Thanks Lisa! I love the effect HDR's cause on clouds.

Lucis Art.

Sick picture.

RKW, i also just saw your profile,
your only 14? im impressed with your talent and still so young. keep shooting, i look forward to seeing much more!!!

Most reactions

Back