clair de lune

Ditch the moon and straighten your horizon and this would be a really cool shot. Nice color in the sky.

If you didnt add the moon yourself, then that is an insane sky. Either way, it looks weird being right in the center.

the moon looks inapropriate in this pic.. did you add it to the original.. and i totally agree with ajay, you need to straighten the horizon.. it would look way too awesome if you did those 2 changes :)

I'm not shure if it's totally straight here but you get the idea:

skylinepcty5.jpg

Peter_Pan's edit is the necessary edit of an otherwise quite solid photo with a gorgeous sky and wonderful band of dusk on the horizon ... and at a time of day like that, the moon would never be that high up in the sky, never be that large ... when it is in this stage of waxing.

Right, the edit can no longer bear the name "Clair de lune", of course, for the simple fact that there no longer is any moon there. Maybe you would want to try and compound a somewhat more natural photo, somewhat more convincing? Any added moon will look ... added. But maybe put a smaller moon somewhere out of centre and further towards the horizon?

i think its fine without a moon, the moon is too distracting and doenst add anything to the photo

the moon was there. i simply focused on it at 200mm and added it on the picutre i took with a 12mm.
as for the horizon, i wanted to give it a little "dynamic" feeling..

skylineuv3.jpg

my.php

what about this one?
(thats where she was at when i left)

slylinemodifiedpcvs0.jpg

You can tell from the main image that it was taken with a very wide angle lens. The addition of anything larger than the real moon just looks fake. Well, it screams 'fake'.

I think it looks like a great shot, and is the most powerful, with the real moon and a horizontal horizon.

Best,
Helen

I think that for the "dynamic feeling" , you need a much more drastical (?) and drammatic angle, like that,i'm sorry but it just looks like a a crooked horizon.

Great horizon photo. And that is a perfectly exposed, crisp shot of the moon - I'm jealous. I agree, however, that it's just too large in the first shot. A little left, lower and smaller - if at all.

And the shot isn't really distorted enough to make it look like you're going for the distorted look, it just looks crooked. I'd skew the bottom left a llittle in Photoshop.

yeah, unfortunately the horizon being tilted will convey a lack of skill more than an artistic statement to most viewers.

I like the concept. I like the colors and the forground as well as the sky and the moon. But as it is, the moon's size is too unrealistic and too central.

If the horizon were corrected and If the moon were about 1/3 the size in your photo and repositioned on the upper right intersect of the 3rd's formula I would like it even better.

You might be able to straighten the buildings out with the "bulge" function in Photoshop.

You might be able to straighten the buildings out with the "bulge" function in Photoshop.

I was thinking the same thing. The buildings all lean toward the center of the photo...there are ways to fix that so they look upright.

Most reactions

Back