Class photo - circa 1933

Rick50

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My Mom's 2nd grade class photo. The quality lacked a bit back then. I found this interesting in terms of clothing worn. Single room school house. No facilities (plumbing). All grades in one class. Howard Lake, Minnesota.

CountrySchool-L.jpg

Very neat!

They look like a bunch of hipsters. :wink:

All farm kids. This was in the depression days so all clothes were most likely hand me downs. Several of these boys probably fought in WWII. Hard to grasp what life might have been like.

Note that it was a one room, no frills classroom, quite common back then. Note also it was this 'ill educated' generation that created the 50's-60's economic boom, Interstate highway system,and took us to the moon. The last 3 generations of well educated Americans have given us 'Honey Boo Boo', and space rockets with old USSR engines.

My Mom's 2nd grade class photo. The quality lacked a bit back then. I found this interesting in terms of clothing worn. Single room school house. No facilities (plumbing). All grades in one class. Howard Lake, Minnesota.

CountrySchool-L.jpg
What a hoot! I love these old photos....so which one is your mom?

CountrySchool-L.jpg
What a hoot! I love these old photos....so which one is your mom?
Front row - 4th from left - hands on hip. Her brother is way in the back 3rd from the tallest boy. With funny grin.

Most reactions

Back