Classic Cool II - Return of the Snoot

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From the makers of Classic Cool, (original image shown as #3 on this thread) we bring you the next chapter in the saga of light vs. dark... Return of the Snoot. All I need now is a John Williams soundtrack... :)

In color...

==1==
Snoot Experiments - Diehl Fan - 015 tpf.jpg

And black and white... (with a bit of sepia)

==2==
Snoot Experiments - Diehl Fan - 015 bw tpf.jpg

What I did differently from the first one (linked at top of thread), is I created a new snoot with a wider end, and I also moved the subject a bit to the left in the room. (I kept having to deal with seeing the white fireplace mantle, causing me to darken the image to get rid of it). I basically rotated the entire scene about 45 degrees from where I did it last night.

Let me know what you think, and how you feel it compares to my original attempt (which is below).

Thanks!

==3== (original attempt from "Classic Cool" thread)

classiccool tpf.jpg

For obvious reasons, the new version fills the frame more, and I'm not sure I like it as much as the original. (Read: I'm eating my words from the other thread.) This one feels like it needs more space on top of the fan and – if you add this space – it will also require more space to the left. Not sure if all this makes any sense at all, though.

I like the idea of the B&W with a touch of sepia.

For obvious reasons, the new version fills the frame more, and I'm not sure I like it as much as the original. (Read: I'm eating my words from the other thread.) This one feels like it needs more space on top of the fan and – if you add this space – it will also require more space to the left. Not sure if all this makes any sense at all, though.

I like the idea of the B&W with a touch of sepia.

Yeah... this is interesting, isn't it? I also originally felt like there should be more of the fan in the picture, but as soon as I looked at this picture, I wound up liking the original one better. The idea about more above the fan is interesting... something else I wondered at was maybe trying to get it more like the original, but this time with some of the stand (the vertical part).

I'll have to play with it some more.

Anyone else have any feelings on it? Very curious of other thoughts.

I still like the lighting on your newer ones although i prefer the first one.. as said, i'm a sucker for low key images and often edge towards the darker side of things.

It's a great looking fan and it looks like there's a lot of rust? and detail like that you can bring out and possibly add a couple of old looking, damaged string things on the cover? (you know what i mean right? not sure what to call them, tassels lol).. I think that could add the 'missing' detail or just strengthen the oldness of it. (i know they still work though).

Maybe gels? could bring out the orange/brown rust more, or just PP?.. Definitely keep experimenting though and keep us updated on how it's done :)

And yeah i prefer the colour version and seeing the stand in there..

[i dare say the high res images have a lot more detail than resized jpegs.. jpegs, urgh!]

I still like the lighting on your newer ones although i prefer the first one.. as said, i'm a sucker for low key images and often edge towards the darker side of things.

It's a great looking fan and it looks like there's a lot of rust? and detail like that you can bring out and possibly add a couple of old looking, damaged string things on the cover? (you know what i mean right? not sure what to call them, tassels lol).. I think that could add the 'missing' detail or just strengthen the oldness of it. (i know they still work though).

Maybe gels? could bring out the orange/brown rust more, or just PP?.. Definitely keep experimenting though and keep us updated on how it's done :)

And yeah i prefer the colour version and seeing the stand in there..

[i dare say the high res images have a lot more detail than resized jpegs.. jpegs, urgh!]

Yeah there is some rust and stuff on it. It's pretty cool. I tried doing the sepia thing a bit on the B&W I have above but it didn't totally do what I wanted it to.

I have actually been mulling around some ideas about other "old" things to toss into the picture... make it a bit more of a scene than just the fan. That might be Classic Cool III. :lmao:

I know the tassels you are referring to... my wife has a couple... oh wait, pretend I didn't say that. :sexywink: j/k Good idea though... actually something moving on the fan captured in a still might be cool as well.

Odd how much you can do with such a simple item. I need more strobes though. I should mug Jerry. He has like 20.

Ah we all know Classic Cool III is inevitable! Nah was just throwin' in an idea, so many options, so little light..

strobe junky!! just.. one.....more........strobe.

:lol: No joke. I already added two to my official "I gotta buy this" list.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back