Classic Cool

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Inspired by K_Pugh's The Dogfather, I went on this massive snootquest today. I did manage to aquire a boatload of black straws, so tomorrow I'll be making my straw snoot, but I did this one a few minutes ago with my black foam tube snoot.

This is my first snoot attempt, so I would very much like to hear what people think, good or bad. Thanks!

classiccool tpf.jpg

I like it, I like it a lot BUT, I think you've gone just a bit too far; I would like to see just a little more light on the fan.

SNOOOT! Sorry I just love saying that word. My wife thinks I made it up. I told her I would like to buy some hotlights, softboxes and snoots. She laughed. Asked what I really was goingto do with the money.... pssh.:scratch:

As to the image. I love it. Smashing success. I acctually like more left to the imagination.

Ah you got around to making one, good stuff. Looks very good to me! I'm not sure whether more would be good or not as i like it the way it is.

Snoot's are too much fun, i tend to get carried away.. and i haven't tried the grid/honeycomb/straw thing yet.

I like it, I like it a lot BUT, I think you've gone just a bit too far; I would like to see just a little more light on the fan.

Thanks! (and to invisible,too.)

This is great feedback... I wonder if widening the end of the snoot would work...? the one I have now is basically a completely straight tube.

SNOOOT! Sorry I just love saying that word. My wife thinks I made it up. I told her I would like to buy some hotlights, softboxes and snoots. She laughed. Asked what I really was goingto do with the money.... pssh.:scratch:

As to the image. I love it. Smashing success. I acctually like more left to the imagination.

Thanks! My wife looked at me like I was on crack when I said "snoot". :) You should have seen the look on the face of the bartender when I grabbed a handful of black straws and scurried away. Worst part is I know someone at that restaurant, so he came by to let me know that everyone in the restaurant was talking about what a freak I am. :(

Ah you got around to making one, good stuff. Looks very good to me! I'm not sure whether more would be good or not as i like it the way it is.

Snoot's are too much fun, i tend to get carried away.. and i haven't tried the grid/honeycomb/straw thing yet.

Glad you like it, thanks for the comments. :)

heheh, well as soon as I'm done here I'm gonna go start cutting up my straws and make one. I expect we'll see some "Classic Cool II" shots up tonight. :lol:

BTW... the other reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally bad thing about this is I can now finally see why someone would want to own like 6 or more strobes... and with a bit more thought I was envisioning the desire for softboxes and umbrellas and all kinds of stuff. bad bad bad bad bad... :lol:

Oh i know the feeling of wanting more flashes! but still sometimes i find less is more.

can't wait for Classic Cool II, III, IV.. etc lol

...buy me lots of lunches? :thumbup: jk!!

Oh i know the feeling of wanting more flashes! but still sometimes i find less is more.

can't wait for Classic Cool II, III, IV.. etc lol

oh yah, i LOVE the image also. :)

hahah, thanks guys!

I actually just completed my black straw grid snoot, too... so now I have multiple snoots to test with. :)

You know I got this fan at an antique show for like $15... it works, too. For some reason they are very cheap. I guess there must be millions of them around or something.

Most reactions

Back