Classic DSLR noob critique, numbered for your pleasure!

BuZzZeRkEr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got my first SLR/DSLR camera the day before thanksgiving as an early xmas present for myself so I've only been taking pictures for less than three months. In that time I have taken exactly 1,000 exposures (I know....I don't get enough time to shoot, I should have at least 10,000 by now).

I still have to get out and take the typical noob flower macro's and landscapes, but I'd thought I'd dive in and try to master taking pictures in low light of a constantly moving subject (my newborn son). A bounce flash and diffuser is HUGE!

I'm trying to tackle HDR photography next but found my limitations with my ancient version of photoshop 6.0. I'll be upgrading to CS3 as soon as I can get a new computer with at least a gig of RAM!

You guys can be brutal, I've put my 2 cents in on a few cirtiques..enjoy!

ContatSheet1.jpg

ContactSheet2.jpg

ContactSheet3.jpg

The Coppola Pinot is somewhat disappointing. But overall California wines are second to none in taste and value.

The Coppola Pinot is somewhat disappointing. But overall California wines are second to none in taste and value.

I love Noirs! Especially Coppola.....Estancia is pretty good too ;)!

I'm dissapointed that that picture in particular didn't translate very well to %10 it's orginal size. The orginal 5 mb file is very sharp and clear.....I lost alot of integrity by resizing to %10 of its original size...the detail on the label didn't translate very well.

Maybe you can offer some advice on what you would've done to make the picture better......color, focusing, lighting, WB, composition, anyone can say it sucks. I've looked at your profile, you take some incredible pictures so any advice would be greatly accepted. Thanks for looking!

They are excellent pictures! Only thing you should have done was make them bigger, they are no fun at low res. Oh and the ones with the ducks are my favorite.

They are excellent pictures! Only thing you should have done was make them bigger, they are no fun at low res. Oh and the ones with the ducks are my favorite.

Your right!! When they are %10 their original size doesn't do much justice....Heres a duck picture at 30% its original size....pretty big difference. Enjoy!
Duck1WM.jpg

I've never seen the xmas orny in a glass trick, yes I was tricked for approximately 243 nano seconds, I like that.

-Shea :mrgreen:

I've never seen the xmas orny in a glass trick, yes I was tricked for approximately 243 nano seconds, I like that.

-Shea :mrgreen:

Yes, I was trying to fool people with that photo! I see my guile and cunning have paid off......even for 243rdith of a nano milli second, it was well worth it! :lol:

These are all great shots, especially seeing you've only shot a 1000 so far

nice shots.

where in va do you stay at?

Northern, Va. Looks like your in Va Beach. Haven't been down there in a couple years, but its always a pretty good time.

Most reactions

Back