Classroom Pics - C&C Please

Lee Bob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I have just recently become interested in photography and purchased a Canon Rebel XSi with the 18-55 and 55-250mm kit lenses over the holidays.

Here are 3 pics from my first session with the camera. I was just playing around in my fiancee's classroom (she's a teacher).

All C&C appreciated, but please be gentle. I am new at this.

Hooks.jpg

Chalk.jpg

#3 - This was also my first opportunity to play around in Lightroom.
Fire.jpg

The images aren't bad for someone just starting out.

The first two images have a lot noise in them. The pictures themselves are pretty neat.

The third image is pretty cool.

Could you post the shooting info for each shot? Camera used, lens, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, focal length and maybe a short blurb as to why you chose to shoot that particular object.

these are some good shots for justs starting out. Very creative eye. The only things I would suggest is to get the erasers in focus too, and on the third shot, its a little slanted. But i definitely like the picture itself and the editing you did to it, looks cool .

i disagree the erasers being out of focus is what makes that shot....the fire pull definately needs to be straightened and then awesome.....the first on i like except for the fact u can see u in the reflection off the metal takes away form it....get understanding exposure and read it will help you out a lot

Now that i do look at it again, i do like it. and no im not just saying that, lol, but if i imagined it with it being in focus...not as cool as i thought.

Thanks for your comments.

The images aren't bad for someone just starting out.

The first two images have a lot noise in them. The pictures themselves are pretty neat.

The third image is pretty cool.

Could you post the shooting info for each shot? Camera used, lens, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, focal length and maybe a short blurb as to why you chose to shoot that particular object.

I know this is a newb question, but how would I go about reducing the noise levels (w/o upgrading equipment)?

I will have to retrieve the pic info from my other computer. However, all pics were taken with my Canon XSi. #1 and #3 were with the 18-55mm lens and #2 was with the 55-250mm lens.

As to how I chose the subjects of the photos, I was simply sitting in the classroom looking around for interesting subjects and perspectives.

these are some good shots for justs starting out. Very creative eye. The only things I would suggest is to get the erasers in focus too, and on the third shot, its a little slanted. But i definitely like the picture itself and the editing you did to it, looks cool .

I did try a shot with the Chalk Brushes in focus but preferred the look and feel of #2.

Interesting shots, in all the time I spent in classrooms doing IT support I'd never really thought about any of the mundane items as a subject to shoot.

first on ei dont like at all. not really a point.

second one i like the best. love the colors.

and third one is a very nice shot, it just over saturated.

Most reactions

Back