Clay Aiken

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, I'm just back from a Clay Aiken concert where I was part of the back up orchestra. I have never heard anything more horrific than this in my entire life. I'm sorry to disappoint CA's fans but the man can't sing in tune!

Arrrrrrhg!..... :irked: :pissed: :irked: :pissed: :angry1: :angry1:

Personally I think they should deep six the Idol crap. I would be surprised if any of the winners have any staying power whatso ever. Who, me bitter? :roll:

voodoocat said:
:lmao:

HAHAHAHA That totally made my day to hear Clay sings like crap!

Now, now Chad! The 'crap' would be offended to read this. :lol: :lol:

Oh, I forgot to mention... This guy's nose is so much in the stratosphere, he treated all the musicians like crap. I've had the chance to perform with many a star (Celine Dion, Moody Blues, Tony Bennett, Smokey Robinson and many others) but no one was more disrespectful towards the fellow musicians than Clay.

American idol my @$$! (sorry Chase :lol: )

I take it you're talking about someone who won a TV talent show? Don't worry, after the record companies have made enough money they stop supporting them and they vanish into obscurity and struggle to find a real job because everyone knows them as "that guy who...". Just give him six months of fame and he'll be gone.

Of course, he will be replaced by someone equally as crap.

[southern voice]but i'm such a nice man. I help the children and I go to church. NOW GET ME MY DAMN PERRIERE[/southern voice]

Mitica100 said:
Ok, I'm just back from a Clay Aiken concert where I was part of the back up orchestra. I have never heard anything more horrific than this in my entire life. I'm sorry to disappoint CA's fans but the man can't sing in tune!

Arrrrrrhg!..... :irked: :pissed: :irked: :pissed: :angry1: :angry1:

Okay, that has totally made my day. :goodvibe:

It really burns me when I hear of these talentless people treating their backing musicians like crap, though. Poseur!!! :spank:

I like to think he'll be back waiting tables eventually because he's too stupid to hang on to the free ride money he's been granted. Maybe you musicians - you know, the people with actual talent - will be served by him one day.

And leave him a really nice tip. :twisted:

ferny said:
I take it you're talking about someone who won a TV talent show?
The ironic part is he didn't even win, he came in second but with tons of controversey. Gotta give him kudos though for working the system the way he is now and lining his pockets for life.

Though kharma might catch up with him and he'll make a good VH1 "Where are they Now?" sad story :twisted:

Speaking of horrible pop music 'stars'....I was at the music store the other day and saw an N-SYNC CD for $1.99. By far the cheapest CD in the place...I thought that was pretty funny.

Does anyone else hate music (CD/record) stores? Most of the store is dedicated to terrible music and untalented musicians. I can't believe that consumers pay $20-$30 to line the pockets of these so called artists.

The jerks that work at these places always have the 'cooler-than'you' attitude and look at you like you are insane when you ask for something that is not the flavor of the month.

Ahh, then you've got a problem. The people who win vanish. The people who come second go on to longer careers. Perhaps even 8 months!

What tends to happen is that the winner gets a big record contract. But before anyone does win they all sign up to the same label or one of the labels owned by that company. That way they get whoever wins and whoever the public seem to like. The only thing the winner gets from it (apart from lots of money) is the mass publicity for their first song or two. After the TV show stops so does the main source of advertisement for that "artist" and away they go into obscurity.

Over here we've had more than enough of these shows in various guises. I hate them all. But, out of them are two great singers. One is Will Young. I'll confess to not being his biggest fan, but he seems a really nice guy. Add to that he has a cracking voice and he's doing his own stuff. Not what the record company dictates. The other is called Lemar. All of what I just said goes with him to. Except I've got his two albums.

I can't believe that consumers pay $20-$30 to line the pockets of these so called artists.
Almost all of the money goes to the record companies, not the artist.

Most of the CD's I buy aren't available at the major record stores. I end up purchasing everything from amazon.

Most reactions

Back