cleaning compact camera lens..

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by W0MB13, Dec 23, 2006.

1. W0MB13

W0MB13 TPF Noob!

I am fairly new to cameras ect and at one point i must have touched my cameras lens with my finger as there was a smudge. I tried to clean it off using a cloth that came with my psp screen protector, but alas, now theres just streaks and smudges everywhere....

I can't see anything wrong in photos but it does annoy me to look at the lens in light and see the streaks/smudges.

I'm not really sure what to buy, whether it be a lens pen or some kind of lens cleaning cloth. Any ideas?

- Camera is a sony dsc w30

2. bnz506

bnz506 TPF Noob!

I dont know what these pros do but I had a Canon A75 go through monsoon season in Korea and it got pretty gritty. When I had time I just breathed on lens and whipped it off with a clean cloth and it seemed to work for me.

3. britonk

britonk TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I used one of the kits that come with a cleaning solution and lint free cloths a while ago on an SLR lens - worked fantastically I doubt it's much different for a compact?

If you do do this be very careful and use next to no pressure when using the cloths - SLR lenses are coated in special chemicals for various reasons (so I understand) and I expect compact lenses are similar in this respect.