Cleaning Nikon D80

CNCO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recently some of my photos are showing spots on their images. I know I have to clean the camera.

Any good tips or tool kits to do this?

It's a pretty standard procedure and there are several different methods. Search the forum and then maybe the internet (in general) for 'Sensor Cleaning'

Cleaning Nikon D80
With the right tools and a little care and preparation, cleaning the sensor on a D80 is a simple process.

1. [*]
    A small electronics vacuum will help prevent internal dust from settling on the sensor. A tripod will allow the D80 to be inverted, preventing environmental dust from settling on the sensor. Be very gentle when cleaning the sensor; it is protected by a hard low-pass filter, but that filter could be scratched by a large piece of dust.
    [*]
    Scratching the low-pass filter will require an expensive sensor replacement. Don't use too much fluid as it could leak into the camera's electronics.

Read more: How to Clean Dust from a Nikon D80 | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4895633_clean-dust-nikon-d.html#ixzz0t8fbAFgT

with the mirror up (sensor cleaning mode) blow out the sensor using an air compressor or a hand squeeze air blower. Don't use canned air, or you risk blowing co2 liquid on the sensor.

Personally I use one of these:

ED500PDVA.jpg

You could also "wet clean" the sensor with any number of kits you can buy on the internet, just be sure to be very gentle and blow it out first.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back