TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
F-5.6 1/800 ISO:200 55mm Meter:spot
Exposure:Manual
54163088.jpg

Digital Matt said:
Cool shot :) Where are you located? Looks to be the far west side. I'm on the east side.

Matt, I'm in Parma
This shot was indeed the far west side. It was shot from Huntington Beach. This is a great place to shoot from on a stormy, windy day.

Thanks, everyone for the comments.

Were these colours THERE?
Just like that?
If so, then ..... wow!

LaFoto said:
Were these colours THERE?
Just like that?
If so, then ..... wow!
LaFoto, No camera can capture a true scene as the human eye does. A mechanical device Just can't match the brain-to-eye interpretation of a scene.

This particular image was selected from about 5 bracketed shots that were exposed manually. +1 stop, +2 stops, -1 stop, -1.66 stops, and -2 stops. The colors in the original scene were far more spectacular than this. This particular shot was the candidate I chose to represent the original scene as I want to remember it.

I selected an under-exposed image and tweaked it a little in PS by adjusting the exposure and color integrity using the threshold method to identify the black and the white points. Given your knowledge of PS, surely you're familiar with this fundamental elememtary-color-correction technique.

Your submissions are awesome. I enjoy them very much.

Thank you, midnitejam, you overestimate my PS knowledge, but I still love the canvas-like effect you saw and managed to capture in your photo, that sky is really gorgeous and does look like brush work, very, very nice! I could WELL imagine this as a canvas, too.
Actually, I would like to get your permission to ask my father-in-law if he'd like to paint this (though he might not do so in any foreseeable future...).

LaFoto said:
Thank you, midnitejam, you overestimate my PS knowledge, but I still love the canvas-like effect you saw and managed to capture in your photo, that sky is really gorgeous and does look like brush work, very, very nice! I could WELL imagine this as a canvas, too.
Actually, I would like to get your permission to ask my father-in-law if he'd like to paint this (though he might not do so in any foreseeable future...).
Of course you may use this image. I'm flattered that you asked.

Spectacular photography, with surprising results. Is a very dramatic image. Good work.

Espectacular fotografía, con unos resultados sorprendentes. Resulta una imagen muy dramática. Buen trabajo.

Most reactions

Back