cleveland botanical gardens again

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few shots from the other day. Enjoy. Was using my 70-300 lens, it's pretty decent but not the best in low light (variable aperture closes up tight when zooming).

4820092914_803d7c6ba1_b.jpg

4820092770_1176cd69b3_b.jpg

4820092622_35bd8d516e_b.jpg

4819471441_01b78653ac_b.jpg

#5 - not at gardens... in the backyard actually.
4819471301_1d49726924_b.jpg

Most of these seem a bit soft to me. I think #4 is the sharpest of the bunch. Too bad the flower wasn't in such great shape!

Most of these seem a bit soft to me. I think #4 is the sharpest of the bunch. Too bad the flower wasn't in such great shape!

Shallow dof due to telephoto + wide open. Thx for comment.

Heya reznap, man that bird in the first one is freakishly blue, but I also think it may be like that based on the background being fairly stock?

I think the foreground branch and the distracting background are letting this shot down. Bird looks to be well focussed but that blue is too full on I think even if natural.

A bit of motion blur lets the 2nd one down.

3 missed the focus. Background a little busy.

4 pick of the bunch, very nice capture, however, petals are blown out, it has a slight green cast and I am thinking a tighter crop (square crop from top left corner, is my thinking) to elimante the damaged petals and really bring your attention to the bee.

5 is a stunner, sharp where it should be with very nice bokeh going on, but I think it could do with a much tighter crop, up close and personal but I cant see how, it just seems to busy to look at as I have nothing to really focus on.

Hoep that all makes sense, its Friday night ;) !!!

A bit of motion blur lets the 2nd one down.

Eh, I think I just kind of missed the focus on that. The legs are in focus, the wings may be moving causing motion blur... Either way I'm with you guys in that the softness is bad in that picture and definitely ruins it.

4 pick of the bunch, very nice capture, however, petals are blown out, it has a slight green cast and I am thinking a tighter crop (square crop from top left corner, is my thinking) to elimante the damaged petals and really bring your attention to the bee.

I also made a closer crop, here it is:
It's getting near 100% of the pixel size though, so the quality is kinda poopy.

smflowerbee1.jpg

I liked the pulled back shot though for some reason, but I post here to get different ideas so I'm glad I got some different ideas on it.

Hoep that all makes sense, its Friday night ;) !!!

It all makes sense and I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my photos. :) Oh yeah, that bird REALLY is that blue. It's a tighter crop than the SOOC image but I did nothing to enhance the bird, just heavy noise reduction on a separate top layer and then erased the bird from that layer to leave him looking sharp.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back