Cleveland's botanical gardens (A.K.A. lolmoreflowers)

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bitter Jeweler (another unfortunate Ohio resident) mentioned the botanical gardens - think he was asking someone if that was a setting for their portrait.

Anyway, I made a mental note to go there. WOW. It's awesome, the butterfly exhibit is pretty amazing and I'll have to go back with a zoom lens for just that.

Here's a couple that I liked. Comments welcomed.

All taken with 50mm 1.8.

pinkie.jpg

orangie.jpg

cactusflower1.jpg

opensplashofcolor.jpg

#5 - My favorite.. white bleeding hearts.
whitebloodheart.jpg

#6 - Cool statue. Converted to b&w with silver effex, green filter
statueeyes.jpg

bfly1.jpg

bfly2.jpg

#9 - Chameleon!
chameleon.jpg

I live in Cleveland myself...do you think I'd be ok going in with my 70-200? I'd rather use that than the 50 or 18-200 (much clearer). Nice pictures btw

Looks like there are bunch of us Clevelanders here?

Yes. I was wishing I had my 70-300...
Be careful though, there's a metric ton of mist in the butterfly area.. I was nervous with a $100 lens on the camera, yours is worth 12 or 13 times that.

Thanks for the comment

i wanted to go there 2 years ago but then we never had a chance to go but i still want to go there sometime when we are in cleveland

Yes. I was wishing I had my 70-300...
Be careful though, there's a metric ton of mist in the butterfly area.. I was nervous with a $100 lens on the camera, yours is worth 12 or 13 times that.

Thanks for the comment

Well the 70-200 f/4L IS version is weather sealed but my T2i body isn't. As long as I keep it out of direct spray it should be ok

Love the bleeding hearts and butterfly :)

Most reactions

Back