Cliché Photos or Typical Pics

Being an Austalian i know that alot of people think they know what austalia is to the average austalian, and not really knowing.
(people tend to see australia as red earth, hot weather, sunny beaches......)
Not say everyone thinks this way .....but i know alot do.....
just wondering if anyone has any shot of the 'typical' places of their country, (things that go with sayings of locals.....and things you always see...that visitors don't)
here are some of mine.....

a 'typical farm gate' (i don't think many victorian (aust) farm gates ACTULY work, or are in good condition)
gate.jpg

My countryside (or in other words....a farm)
2-09-0510122.jpg

thank you...please post...
laura

I live in south-west victoria. (ok....so most of oz isn't this green ((we do live right next to the wettest part of of vic)) but more then most think is...lol)

laura

Oooohhh... I have lots of 'typical' place photos of different places. and yes, if you've been around here a while - you will have seen these photos before in the gallery.

Here's where I live. Ok so ignore the boardwalk and you've got what the area around where I looks like... pretty much. It's all rainforest... or right next door, desert. I live up in Cairns, far north queensland.

IMG_1037.jpg

Typical Paris:
MontmatreDuo.jpg

Another typical Paris:
EiffelTower-underneath.jpg

Typical Greece:
Santorini-BlueDomeOcean.jpg

Typical European City Square (badly stitched):
Capitol-PanoramaDay.jpg

Typical Townsville (city 4hrs drive south of me - very dry hence we call it Brownsville):
3965-Bushwalking-PICT5947.jpg

too many???

Hmm, typical stuff I see where I live? :scratch: I am in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains (southern California) I am 15 minutes from dessert, 15 minutes from beautiful mountain waterfalls and things................

Regional park, man made lake. About 5 minutes away.
IM_A0142.jpg

Directly across the street from me
1.jpg

Something we see a lot of
2.jpg

My view from the grocery parking lot
3.jpg

California desert
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

thanks guys!
just what i was after! :lol:
i just like to see 'non-postcard' pics of places (although some where good enough :D )

thank you again,
laura

060331_029.jpg

Probably 90% of my photos from venturing into DC can be filed under "it's been done".

I love a lot of these, haha. Especially the swan and I live up in Cairns and typical farm gate, and the moons.

nice thread bump. 7 year old thread you're replying to :)

nice thread bump. 7 year old thread you're replying to :)
It's a theme; we're allowed to revive it.

Over and over. :clap:

A slight variation on railroad tracks

16391369424_279194147c_k.jpg
16391369424_279194147c_k.jpg

Selective color! AND Dutch tilt!

(In my defense, it was for a blog post, so the tuna cans weren't just a random subject matter. And the tilt..well, it did kinda make a picture of tuna cans slightly more interesting. I mean, they're tuna cans - how many ways are there to make that a bit more visually interesting? As for the selective color...well, there just is no defense, is there? ;) )

Day 65 - Tuna
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back