Cliché

Force of Nature

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
force-of-nature.deviantart.com
Yes a cliché, but is it too much of one?

Its been done so often, its lost its meaning. But, then again it was taken from a moving bus through a window, so theoretically, it isnt bad considering the consequence.

Havent uploaded cos I have been sooooooo busy recently with deadlines coming out of my ears for college. Thjis was taken on the same roll as the conceptually speaking shot [link]

Oh by the way. Its Picadilly Circus in London, No idea why there is an ad for AFC Bournemouth in London?!

3004colour2.jpg

It looks oversaturated and almost like its been sharpened to much or the contrast was done to high. The blacks are really black.

I like the pic itself, but don't really care for the border. Maybe a darker border would fit this better...

Thanks for the comments. With regards to it being over saturated, I only did a levels and curves correction. I wanted to emphasize the colour as it was amazingly colourful! I also dont understand what you mean about the blacks being too black? Black is Black. You can't have one black being more black than another black. Maybe you mean its quite dark in the shadow areas, but again, I wanted to emphasise the colour! To the sharpening, yes, It possibly is a tad over sharpened, Im still learning how to use USM and I am struggling with it.

I shall try a new border, see what happens! Thanks for the comment!

Thanks Nikon, Yeh, thats what I thought and tried to emphasise.

There will always be cliches, no matter what you decide to capture. To me, everything is becoming cliched now, what makes it not is how you choose to present it. I like the angle this is shot at, and the colours are very bold. That takes the cliche away for me, but then, what do I know! LOL

Knowing that it was taken through the window of a moving bus, I find this remarkably "non-cliché" of a place in this world that gets certainly covered by a huge amount of genuinely cliché pictures! The bold colours express what this particular place is about and I like it. And I like the framing which makes you need to tell us where it actually is.

(And hey, ForceOfNature, never fret when you don't get the replies you hope for ... the feedback on my photos, here [rarely, I'm still lacking the courage] or in the "Gallery Gallery", as you call it, is few and far between and I must live with that, too).

I agree - I believe that you have put your own perspective on this "cliche" and have made it your own - no longer a cliche.

However, I would recommend trying some cropping to eliminate any partial messages as possible to clean up the composition. First one to try would be to crop just above the Boots sign. Another might be to crop to the left of "F.A. Premier..." though that tends to cut off the Samsung sign. Maybe clone that? Or maybe a crop on the left all the way to the left of the Premiership lion - making it a more square framing. Anyways I hope you see what I am suggesting you shoot for - may work and may not.

Tuna

Thanks very much for the suprisingly positive remarks.

The more I think about it, yes the composition does need work Tuna. Im not that special with the cloning tool, but If anyone wants to try they are more than welcome to do so. If you want the original shot with no editing, just drop me an email/pm or something. Any help with cloning would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Most reactions

New Topics

Back