Client Galleries - Which do you like best?

AnissaS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Trying to decide which client gallery is the best option for me. I love the commission free option of Pixieset but love the functionality of Photoshelter. Would appreciate your experiences and thoughts with these and/or any of the others.
Thanks!

Never heard of Pixieset; it appears that it is not a US company but I don't know how/if that impacts US copyright of users' photos. Look at the Terms of Service and make sure you're willing to agree to all that.

Photoshelter is used by pro photographers; I've seen it thru ASMP.

Hi! I love pixieset as well. I tried these a year or more each; and this is my personal opinion.
Zenfolio - love it but since I found pixieset I don't see why I would return. Unlimited space I believe but commission is ridiculous. Printing is okay. Great if you run blogs and website in there as well.
Smugmug - use this the longest. I don't like the fact that you alway have 'power by smugmug' no matter what plan you have paid. Print labs has more choices comepate to pixieset and Zenfolio at the time.
Pixieset - cheap and good enough. If you have separate website like me and just need gallery to deliver to clients. Space is not enough and I believe there's no unlimited option ( not sure )
Gallery is great, less printing labs but overall. It does what I need :)

Many people don't like the name 'pixieset' but as another service you can use your domain. In my case I used subdomain like ..https://client . tidacha . com and I'm okay with that

Hope it helps

Smugmug - use this the longest. I don't like the fact that you alway have 'power by smugmug' no matter what plan you have paid. Print labs has more choices comepate to pixieset and Zenfolio at the time.
... ...

Just wanted to clarify that this is not correct -- that message can be removed in the settings options.

Good luck with your deliberations

we used smugmug pro for years for both the wifes website and client proofing/gallery. I liked the different print shop options (we always used BayPhoto) and that we could have everything in one place where clients could view portfolios, their own galleries, and order prints, without having to navigate more than one website.
the print details and pricing were easy, as was setting up where prints were done at and delivery options.

I believe photoshelter does all of this as well so that would be my recommendation between the two.
better to have everything in one place in my opinion.

we used smugmug pro for years for both the wifes website and client proofing/gallery. I liked the different print shop options (we always used BayPhoto) and that we could have everything in one place where clients could view portfolios, their own galleries, and order prints, without having to navigate more than one website.
the print details and pricing were easy, as was setting up where prints were done at and delivery options.

I believe photoshelter does all of this as well so that would be my recommendation between the two.
better to have everything in one place in my opinion.

Isn't Bay Photo amazing?!?! Customer service is stellar.

I use pixieset currently and like how streamlined it is.

What was the other one that got a lot of flack for shoot and burn?

For those clients for whom I can't do in-home / in-studio proofing, I create a Lightroom Gallery using the Juicebox Pro plug-in and host it on the client side of my website... no extra cost, no fuss, no muss....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back