Clifton Suspension Bridge

Indecent Exposures

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Living in Bristol, I thought it was about time I got some shots of its most famous landmark!

As always, comments and criticism welcome!

1)
009.jpg

2)
005.jpg

3)
004.jpg

That bridge is impressive!
And I like the concept of the first photo.
All in all they appear to be quite flat.
Was this intentional?
I believe they might like some more contrasts, really?

LaFoto said:
That bridge is impressive!
And I like the concept of the first photo.
All in all they appear to be quite flat.
Was this intentional?
I believe they might like some more contrasts, really?

It was a very very grey day on Saturday when I took these and I was disappointed with the way most of them came out.

I've had to tweak the brightness up a bit and turned them into sepia shots to try and make them look a bit more 'period'.

I agree with you that they look flat, I'll have to have a bit of a play around... :D

If you are using Photoshop - try using Curves adjustment layers to bring out more from your pictures - the curves controls can transform otherwise "flat" images, and with practice can acheive remarkable results.

I've seen lots of people talking about curves adjustments and will definately give it a go... ...as soon as I can get my hands on photoshop!!

Chris

I should add - if anyone wants to play around with these and show me how good they could look, feel free!

curves is nice, but don't forget levels, you can actually see where the black and white points will be, none of these have a true black or white. but they are otherwise nice.

could you post the original version of number 2 ?

( I'm not following you either !! )

worked on curves from your version first posted -

will go get ther original now and see what I can ruin on it !!! :)

005v1.jpg

we could cheat and add some clouds ! get rid of that big white space...
and boost the available colour...
Really..there's no end to it ! - hours of fun !

This version is too blue for my liking but I overdid it just to show you how the curves can bring out the tones...

005v3.jpg

Ahh, yes it is an expensive toy .... but worth every penny!
There's a lot of photoshop info available on the forum too which will help you when you get it !

Most reactions

Back