Climbing I - Cold bouldering and cold rocco

asherexplore

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i'll be consistently shooting climbing pictures throughout the winter.
i will be trying to post a few of my favorite shots from each trip.
hopefully i can get some feedback and improve my shots throughout the conditions i shoot in!

These few are from a cold cloudy day. i sure wish i had a few strobes that i could trigger remotely for situations like this....
or a wider fast lens.. im gonna get strobes soon.

taken with d40.
#s 1,4,5 were shot with 50 1.4..
2 and 3 were shot with sigma 10-20..
i did use an sb600 on camera for #3..

Thanks for looking!

(1)
rd1.jpg

(2)
rd2.jpg

(3)
rd3.jpg

(4)
rd4.jpg

(5)
rd5.jpg

These are cool. I used to be a climber myself but i ran out of time so i'm lucky if i can go climb at all, even in a gym. I like the one with the river on the side, looks fun and its a nice shot. keep it up and keep posting

That frozen waterfall fascinates me to no end! (Photo 1)
And I like how - once you know what it is they are carrying - the climbers form such small, but very visible part of that photo with them being so colourful. Yet, the time of year and temps are so well shown by those icicles there. No snow otherwise, so the ice really is the only indicator of which season you're in.

What I also really appreciate to see in your photos is that it is not always the breathtakingly spectacular heights climbing is about, but that you start small and with as many security measures taken (mats!) as need to be taken, and it already requires some skill, even if you're only a foot above ground! That's an aspect you hardly ever get shown.

And hey, those dog portraits are just CUTE! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back