cloning

Ecas32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys this is my first try at cloning.
i also edited levels too.

so tell me what you think!
thanks
ethan

here is the original:

1/320 1600 5.6

IMG_2869.jpg

and the edited:
(obviousley same exif)

IMG_2869_1.jpg

ok well the cloning itself is decent, while the PP is terrible, its way too contrasty and that dark spot in the back is actually more distracting now that it was edited, id have prefered if you edited it just bit, not gone this far, PP is not supposed to look like it was PP, its supposed to look like the real thing, this is a bit overdone, the + to the pp is that it did reduce the ISO grain, so gj on that, did you do this in photoshop?

I agree that the PP was a tad over the top.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but does anyone have tips for cloning? I used to think I was good but now that I'm shooting 12mp images, I realize I suck at making it look natural. :meh:

I agree + the green blob to the right of the tail should go as well :)
And practice makes perfect.

thanks for the replies guys.
as to the pp, i guess i did over do it lol,,, i just felt that their wasnt enough contrast and i went over the top with levels.

but i did this in gimp not photoshop,, but pretty much the same thing

I agree that the PP was a tad over the top.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but does anyone have tips for cloning? I used to think I was good but now that I'm shooting 12mp images, I realize I suck at making it look natural. :meh:

Use different areas, use a soft edge, interweave subsequent strokes into areas you just covered, don't interweave subsequent strokes into areas you just covered, don't over do it, don't be afraid to start over, use lots of layers, pay attention to patterns forming, pay attention to what the image should look like and what color patterns should be there, zoom out, zoom in, experiment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back