Close encounters of the Great Blue kind

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Heron's in Ct are normally really skittish, this one seemed to care less about me. It is the closest I have ever been to a heron. Pretty cool. He/she was working a very small stretch of barely defrosted marsh about 100 feet long. Made a couple really close passes. Thanks for looking.. Comments welcome...

Great Blue Heron 3_24 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Great Blue Heron 3_24 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Great Blue Heron 3_24 3 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Great Blue Heron 3_24 8 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Great Blue Heron 3_24 5 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Great Blue Heron 3_24 7 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Oh, wow, love the capture and snacking action!!!

Absolutely amazing! I've been pretty close, but nowhere near that close.

Great shots! Moderately disappointed the title wasn't "close encounters of the bird kind"

Kris, great images with quite a different perspective than is often shown. I like the first one, the portrait, the best of the bunch.

WesternGuy

Great set, my fav is the one with the beak open.

You are my favorite bird photographer, hands down.
Great job! :)

First one for me,nice portrait with a little alfalfa thing going on.

I'm thinking i'm going to get myself a chain smoking cat, they are a serious good luck charm !!!!

All of your work is great Kris but these are seriously over the top :headbang:

Most reactions

Back