Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went for an ECG stress test this evening - they always insist on shaving bits off, so they can stick the electrodes onto me properly. Looks like I could usefully lose a pound or two as well.

2945440656_087d32ef16_o.jpg

Better they shave it off than rip it out by its roots when removing the electrode!

Hope you 'passed' your test. :hug::

Wonder if I could PS in a nipple ring and a few tatts? :lol:

The comment was that it was a 'weak positive', which means something is showing on the scan, but nothing to get too concerned about. Suffice to say, I did the full 12 minutes they usually run with no ill effects (that I could feel). I get to go see the cardiologist again in two weeks time and he'll decide whether I need any further tests, but it would seem they don't need to get all invasive on me again.

Ha! I just had the same test a couple weeks ago, with the same shaved spots resulting. It (oddly enough) grows back pretty nicely.

I was a bit concerned going in (my doctor, reviewing my ECG: "I don't think you've had a heart attack"), but everything looks to be OK. What a relief.

And congrats on your positive result. :boogie:

Jon

You got lucky, Nine weeks ago I had the same test as part of maybe the third physical of my life and they had to stop it early. I felt fine but they insisted on installing a zipper on my chest. :meh:

Wow... Nice picture. Glad the test went well.... and for some reason my eyes see a dog with floppy ears... Cool :)

One advice irrelevant to the picture. NEVER trust the results of an ECG test. It's useless, I know it from personal experience and I also know many people that had bad (almost fatal) experience with it. if the results are good but you still don't feel well get a magnetic resonance test or anything else that's more reliable.

One advice irrelevant to the picture. NEVER trust the results of an ECG test. It's useless, I know it from personal experience and I also know many people that had bad (almost fatal) experience with it. if the results are good but you still don't feel well get a magnetic resonance test or anything else that's more reliable.

And your a doctor?:mrgreen:

NEVER trust the results of an ECG test. It's useless...

Thank you, Dr. Sunlioness. :lol:

Although a cardiac MRI may be preferable, it's much more expensive, not widely available, and is trickier to interpret (and cardiologists/radiologists trained in and skilled in cardiac MRI interpretation are relatively scarce).

Also, unless the MRI is accompanied by a cardiac stress portion (it's usually not), it only evaluates the heart at rest.

Like most everything else, the benefits must be weighed with the limitations.

Calling a stress ECG "useless" is ignorant.

Jon

Most reactions

Back