Close up lens for DMC-FZ18

lims

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a lumix panasonic DMC-FZ18.
I just bought the lense adapter DMW-LA3.
I was looking at buying DMW-LC55 close up lens to go with the camera as I want to shoot developing newt larvae.
I have a feeling that it might not be worth the money because the macro on the camera is already very good, I worry that the lens will not make enough difference.
Do people think I should buy it? Will it make a significant difference to my macro shots?

thanks

sam

If you're already happy with the macro mode of your camera, then I wouldn't bother buying the add-on adaptor. Those types of "lenses" tend to cause distortion and probably won't gain you a great deal over your current lens.

What I would suggest is take some shots with the camera as-is on macro mode, and then try the add-on lens take a couple of captures in the store, and compare how close you can get, the level of distortion, magnification, etc.

That sound like a good idea, except I have to order the lens into the store, they do not have them in stock, so there's no option of try before you buy on this one.
anymore opinions/ideas, does anyone have any experience with my camera or can anyone recomend another more digital focused forum where someone might know?

thanks again

sam

Most reactions

Back