Close-Up Locomotive Model

Mo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.themotec.com
This is probably one of the best close-ups I've ever taken. It is of my favorite model locomotive, the German BR 10. I was not going for realism when taking this shot, but for technical elements like DOF and sharpness. Any comment or critique is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
The picture might look a bit dark and more blurry because of size reduction.

For more photos,visit my photography web site at www.themotec.com/photo, or the full BR 10 gallery at www.themotec.com/Ole/WEB_Gallery21

BR10%202.jpg

I have another post with all my BR 10 photos in the Photo Gallery forum.

Really like this Picture Mo. If I was to get very picky, a little light more light from the bottom or sides to be able to read what appears to be lettering under the engine or possibly cloneing it out and making the shadow even. Centering the train works for me. The tones and DOF are impressive.

I though about the slight darkness of the photo too, but if viewed on my laptop's screen, it looks perfect.

I also have a much bigger screen to which I hook my laptop up to when I'm at my desk, and images tend to look darker on it*, so that's how I knew about the darkness on some screens.

*This one does too

Thanks for the feedback and comments! :D

I would have liked to have seen a shot from not dead straight on. It would have added depth I think. The real challange would have been to catch is while it was moving but to get enough blur to show movement (if you know what I mean). Otherwise, good work.

http://www.themotec.com/Ole/WEB_Gallery21/images/BR10 1.jpg

This one is my favorite. I like the simplicty and the flow it seems to have with all of the curved accents on the train.Mayb crop the bottom closer to the rails, the bottom is kinda distracting and crop closer on the top of the train aswell. And make the rails completely horizontal instead of tilted down. Just suggestions, nice image.

Thanks :D . I'll see what I can do. None of the images are edited yet, except for resizing to 700 pixels.

I agree with farva - that image is definitely the best.

The only change I would recommend is to move the train up/down the track so the join in the foam under the track is not visible

Most reactions

New Topics

Back