Clothes line

its a picture out of time. Very much a wpa type photo from the days when professional photographers were hired by the government to shoot life in the depression era. It is very well done, and since I am big on retro I applaud you,

hey did u scan this or is it digital? if digital, would u post a high res or send it to me? the more i look at this pic the more i like it

ok santino, here's your "more tones" print :)

clothes3.jpg

Great captured Darin. I really dig the second shot. Nicely done.

I like them both. Reminds me of the California countryside i grew up in...
I really like the blown out areas on the first one. Of course I am a fan of raw, rustic, old looking photographs. :)

What film and developer did you use?

Your approach to make it appear more surreal comes through in your initial conception of the final product - the first one for me. It is more of an original thought derived from the raw capture.

Taken with that rangefinder I see you holding in that avatar?

Tuna

Tuna said:
Your approach to make it appear more surreal comes through in your initial conception of the final product - the first one for me. It is more of an original thought derived from the raw capture.

Taken with that rangefinder I see you holding in that avatar?

Tuna
I agree completely. The first shot, blown areas and all, is sublime. The second one, while it may *technically* be hitting the mark, abandons the retro/surreal quality of the first and loses its appeal for me.

That first shot is the absolute best thing I've ever seen from you, Darin. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back