Cloud at the Cloisters, C&C Welcome

Nice photo -- like the reflection in the window.

It'll look better with the color adjusted. You're shooting a Fuji XE-1 and you had the WB set to auto. You have an As Shot color temp for this photo of 4850, tint +12 (LightRoom) -- no possible way is that right given the conditions. As a result your sky is shifting cyan. You don't have a fashion model in the photo so you don't get to claim a cyan shifted sky is part of your signature style :)

I adjusted it to a normal sky color so you can compare.

Joe

clouds_window.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. The color corrected sky is an improvement from the first photo. I agree that the auto WB on the XE-1 is a bit wonky. I've been working on my composition, though my Lightroom skills could also use some polish.

Thanks for the feedback. The color corrected sky is an improvement from the first photo. I agree that the auto WB on the XE-1 is a bit wonky. I've been working on my composition, though my Lightroom skills could also use some polish.

Your XE-1 isn't unique when it comes to auto WB. It's no worse or better than the pack of them. It's a necessary feature for digital cameras sold in the consumer market (telling Joe Consumer he'll have to deal with WB is not an option). In theory AWB can't work and so of course it doesn't. Not a problem for the marketing departments especially since Joe Consumer isn't very color sensitive.

You're processing RAF files -- just shoot a WB reference and problem solved.

Joe

Most reactions

Back