Clouds from 38,000 Feet

MrFSS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tbedwell.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Along with the earth shots in another post, here are a few cloud pictures. They have always fascinated me at "eye-level."
sky025.jpg

sky035.jpg

sky034.jpg

sky036.jpg

Look at the sky of the first shot. See how there's a good amount of noise and blocky looking chunks of color? Those're jpeg artifacts. In digital, it happens when you shoot high ISO, jockey around a lot with the colors or saturation, overcompress an image, or enlarge it beyond its original size.

Really pretty shots. Did you have to do much tweaking to these? I ask because there seems to be some jpeg blocking in the sky areas on some of them.
I use Photoshop Elements and do it different ways. Sometime I use the quick-fix, other times I adjust the levels via the histogram, sometimes I do nothing but crop and resize. Of course, it is a matter of personal taste.

I don't know if the fact that I shoot at 6 megapizels (3000 pixel width) and then reduce down to about a 800 pixel width has anything to do with it.

I appreciate the comments from everyone. I continue to learn, as we all do, as I go along.

Tom

Most reactions

New Topics

Back