Cloudy Distractions

nabero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay...so I'm back with a picture thread. Hopefully the first of many threads back on TPF :blushing:

Very little editing done on these (a little brightness/contrast work). I don't want to give too much on an introduction--any thoughts or critique,as always, more than welcome!

620577df.jpg

301105f5.jpg

cef054f6.jpg

It's nice to be posting again...

Cheers!

For some odd reason the words "Apocalypse Now" spring to mind. I have NEVER seen that film, but they look sooo like the world is on the brink of coming to its end ...... menacing. What weather was this that brought you SUCH clouds! It would have FRIGHTENED me to no end!

Or were you underwater and these are not clouds at all?
Or have you travelled to outer space and these are some distant nebulas?
Anything's possible with these photos! Very abstract. Nicely seen and done!

Thanks for the comments :)

They are clouds LaFoto...just some of the wonders of summer storms in the midwest. This storm was full of interesting clouds...these were just the ones I could shoot from under the cover of our balcony...If I was a little more brave I'm sure there were more to be seen.

I thought they were kind of abstract and interesting...but they don't have any context so I wasn't sure if people would "get" them....glad I was wrong :)

Cheers!

These are very nice. Storm clouds are the best for they do look menacing and make one wonder what is to come. Job well done. The colors are really nice.

interesting!
I think the first one has potential. did you try increasing contrast on that one a bit?

one thin I always wonder is how to frame/crop on clouds ;)

Most reactions

Back