Cloudy Sunset

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by DadeCountyAnthony, Jun 8, 2008.

1. DadeCountyAnthony

DadeCountyAnthony TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    These are two sunset shots taken right before a heavy down pour.

C&C always welcomed and appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nynfortoo

nynfortoo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The first one is beautiful. The colours and tones give a really warm feel, and the impeccably straight horizon lets the mind wonder about its vastness. I'd have liked to see a solid tone of black across the silhouetted foreground, but that's being picky, and entirely subjective.

The second one isn't to my taste, however. I think the sky is more interesting than the branches in the foreground, but isn't given the screen space it deserves. It may have been nicer to have them lower down in the shot, but it looks like that wasn't possible. My focus is on the bright sky, so the branches are just a distraction. Beautiful exposure of the sky though, and the black silhouette of the branches does work well, but is too strong compositionally.

3. DadeCountyAnthony

DadeCountyAnthony TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you for your comment!!!

I did take one with the branches a bit lower and did get a wider sky but I wasn't sure on the comp. I was trying to get a lower shot but I was down in a 3 foot ditch without a tripod :lol:

Here it is:

[​IMG]