Clowning Around

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by pixeldawg, Dec 10, 2008.

1. pixeldawg

pixeldawg TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was asked to do a publicity shot for a local clown, and due to schedule issues between us, ended up meeting them at one of their shows. I waited outside for the clown to finish their act and noticed that they have a really vivid, blue van that advertised their services. The clown came out and had hair, gloves and accents on their clothes that matched the van, so I decided to use it as a background.

This shot was made using natural light on the shadow side of the van and a little fill-flash (On camera, no less...) to give them a sparkle in their eyes and even out the texture of their makeup/skin. It was quite literally a five minute quicky portrait.

I like this shot. I like the color, composition and under the circumstances, think the the lighting is pretty nice too.

But, we all know it's not so much what I think about this shot as much as it is about what you think, so tell me... what do you think? :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

2. NateWagner

NateWagner TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the exposure on this shot. I think it's framed a little tight, I would probably like it more if it was just the head, or it had the whole hands in the frame.

My other thought is I don't really like the obvious on camera catchlight. I think they look nice if they're larger and off center, but not a huge fan of it like this. Personally I would clone them out.

3. Craddie

Craddie TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Besides the fact that clowns scare the crap out of me, looks like blue levels are clipping - check histogram and tone-down if that's the case.

Really sharp shot though!

4. pixeldawg

pixeldawg TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hmmm... Clipping, huh? I saw your post and took a look at the original RAW file in CS3 and it's not clipping. How much are you seeing? I'm wondering if it's a difference between a JPEG and RAW file? Strange.