CLUB PHOTOS

mugbeme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am new with dslrs. Just bought a nikon d40..can someone educate me on what settings to use to achieve the best quality pictures?? i have the following lenses :
1. AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II lens
2. AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED lens

I also have an external flash (I need help with the settings also for this).

Help please

Thanks...

No one single setting will give you the 'best' photos. The purpose of all those different settings is to allow you to choose the right ones for the subject.

I suggest you go educate yourself with the camera manual, as well as checking out a few books to read about lighting, comp, exposure...

It will help you out 20x more if you understand the basics of a camera before trying to figure out what the "best settings" are

I am new with dslrs. Just bought a nikon d40..can someone educate me on what settings to use to achieve the best quality pictures?? i have the following lenses :
1. AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II lens
2. AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED lens

I also have an external flash (I need help with the settings also for this).

Help please

Thanks...
If you haven't already, read the D40 User's manual cover-to-cover. If you don't have the user's manual you can download it here: Nikon Product Manuals available for download

Once you have read the manual completely through, read it again, and note what parts of it you don't understand. those notes will be the subjects you will need to Google/Bing/Ask, etc. Because the user's manual is technical information, it must be kept handy for reference.

Visit my blog How Do I Use My Digital SLR?

You can also benefit from reading all the tutorials at the following tutorials web site: Digital Photography Tutorials

You didn't say what make/model external flash unit you have. Using strobed light (flash) adds another layer of complexity to doing digital SLR photography.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back