Coastal Cover

Beauy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Snapped this with an OLYMPUS C-770 Compact camera ..... Opinions and feedback appreaciated ..

Coast17.jpg

I love the picture but I do think that the brightness is too much on the sand against the rocks.

Terri

Was thinking the same thing ... No matter how I photoshopped this picture I could get the adjustment right on the sand. Tried to make it a bit darker but didnt work...

Took a few shots of this scene using different setting but this one was the best... Maybe my camera is just not the right one for this type of photography....

Fell free to EDIT this photo people and advise me how you got the sand darkened - if you can ..

As previously said, I think the shot is overexposed. I think exposing for the sand would have given a more pleasing look. I don't think there's much you can do in term of editing as too much of the picture is blown out (too bright). Also, the not-so-horizontal horizon is disturbing.

Heya beauy, welcome to ThePhotoForum :D
With a photo as overexposed as this one, there is only so much you can do about the original technical error in Photoshop.
I tried all the same, by selectively working on the levels at 50% on the rock face, the sand ... plus I aligned the photo so the horizon is (more) level, this is what I could get:

Beauy_Coast17_myedit.jpg

As you can see, there are clear boundaries as to how far something like Photoshop can "rescue" a photo like this.

Most reactions

Back