CoastalConn Moving to Canon-- 7D MarkII

I'm really pretty anxious to see some low-light, high-ISO examples.

I am not. Increasingly I have found that this is getting to be low on my list of priorities. Dynamic range is what I want more of.

I am not. Increasingly I have found that this is getting to be low on my list of priorities. Dynamic range is what I want more of.

I can understand that. I actually like the internal time lapse stuff on this one too. Save me money on having to buy a release cable with it.

I can understand that. I actually like the internal time lapse stuff on this one too. Save me money on having to buy a release cable with it.

Well it's more like I've realized that I never go higher than 3200. If I need more I add a flash or a tripod.

I understand that. I'd like to be able to go the 3200 or 6400 when shooting Milky way stuff, so I'm good with that but I feel that when I need an ISO 1600 or more on my T3i for portraits it fails miserably. (without a tripod and long exposure.)

Drooling and foaming out the mouth of 1000 jpeg or 31 raw shoots buffer with 10FPS.My finger is hovering over the order tab. I have canon 7D II rabies but I am Very happy with my Canon 6D so no need for another body expense but prime glass in the near future instead.

Last edited:
Speaking of things I'll be anxious to see, the improved metering looks interesting, too -- specifically, the way it handles colors. According to this preview, that's supposed to be one of the areas improved by the new metering sensor. I've definitely seen this shooting race cars, when two differently-colored cars cross in front of me seconds apart and the metering changes, that's not good.

In the "things I hadn't heard about" category, it looks like auto-ISO has gotten a lot smarter -- I like this *a ton*. It's actually very much along the lines of what I wish Auto-ISO did, and I can see this turning into one of those "how did I live without this" features.

Speaking of things I'll be anxious to see, the improved metering looks interesting, too -- specifically, the way it handles colors. According to this preview, that's supposed to be one of the areas improved by the new metering sensor. I've definitely seen this shooting race cars, when two differently-colored cars cross in front of me seconds apart and the metering changes, that's not good.

In the "things I hadn't heard about" category, it looks like auto-ISO has gotten a lot smarter -- I like this *a ton*. It's actually very much along the lines of what I wish Auto-ISO did, and I can see this turning into one of those "how did I live without this" features.

Maybe I should start using auto ISO..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's more like I've realized that I never go higher than 3200. If I need more I add a flash or a tripod.

My thoughts exactly. Pretty much a sports & wildlife camera with extras. If I were a portraiter or landscaper, I would go 6D.

My thoughts exactly. Pretty much a sports & wildlife camera with extras. If I were a portraiter or landscaper, I would go 6D.

Or the D800/D810 [emoji5]️

Haa haaa. Not with the lenses I currently have. :) BUT, if I started all over ;) ;)
Sell them all and buy new ones?

Why not have a crop along with full frame?!

/heehee

I feel like the FOV change would throw me off. That's probably a foolish reason, thogh.

Maybe I should start using auto ISO..
I've been stewing about this all day at work.. :( Not Only did I read the announcement this morning, but then when I went out shooting, a guy I have been tutoring shows up with his D3S and his brand new Tamron 150-600, lol. That shutter sound of 9 FPS made me even madder thinking about the 7Dm2 and Nikons non response. Did Canon finally fix Auto-ISO so you can use exposure compensation in Manual mode? That would really make me consider switching if Nikon hasn't answered by the end of the winter..

Most reactions

Back