mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1jr2.jpg

this is a picture of my homemade (more or less) 4x5 camera with a bausch and lomb 130mm more or less lens. The lens is from a 2c camera by kodak. The len's return spring is broken which means it is the only every ready lens I have that has to be cocked.

I shot a picture this morning and a soon as the negative dries I will post it here.

hee hee! I'd say "it's so beautiful!" but you'd know I was lying..... :lol:

mysteryscribe said:
I have plenty more cameras to go so remember when you get sick of them it was your own idea.
It was....? :scratch:

:lol:

Bring 'em on! :razz:

quote from james "Charlie, I also want to see the new camera. However, I think you oughtta take pictures of each one of your cameras, and put them on here. And... you should take these pictures with your cameras. :mrgreen: Show us what we're missing out on!"

And You terri agreed. Now you gotta live with it.

I also started working a new one. What do you think of a 46mm film view camera. Im toying with the idea. I am working with a broken 'roid so i pulled the strut out and have a chopped down lens board hanging from the end of the bellows. I'm going to have to do something with it and I never owned view camera with all the swings and tilts. No idea what I will do with one but at the minimum a new toy.

image1gt6.jpg
Okay this is a stripped and chopped poloroid 330 camera. It is all plastic so it is a sacrificial since I have never done this before.

This is the basic building block of my camera builds. This one I have decided will become a mini view camera but 2x3 not 46mm as I had planned. It will have swing and tilt to make perspective corrections. At least as much as I can figure out. First I have to build it then go in search of a lens for it.

It has no back and no lens at this point also no strut and focus system. Should be interesting.

I thought you might like to see the drawings for the attachements to the view cam..
viewcameragh4.jpg

thanks again to James for the tripod holder insert Idea it works peach keen.

Lens will tilp up and down by loosening the side bots on the yoke. side by side by loosening then twisting the yoke right or left very simple design. I am going to build the first one in 2x3 cut film but you could build it anything at all. By adding the rail and yoke I can convert any of the press camera I have previously built. Would just have to cut the struts loose, no big deal at all.

Most reactions

Back