cobbled 4x5 baush & Lomb

You are losing it hun... go out and read any other thread on here. We are the only sane ones here. I am serious. I don't even think they speak english on some of them. It's some kind of vulcan thing that only spock would understand and he's dead

mysteryscribe said:
You are losing it hun... go out and read any other thread on here. We are the only sane ones here. I am serious. I don't even think they speak english on some of them. It's some kind of vulcan thing that only spock would understand and he's dead
I said "freaks"....not crazy. ;) Huuuuuuge difference.

I seem to prefer the company of freaks; they're usually far more interesting.

mysteryscribe said:
Not sure I'm Gonna enjoy the summer heat under the black cloth. I might try to go with a small focusing hood.

You can buy a fancy dark cloth with reflective silver stuff on the outside that supposedly beats the heat, but it's too expensive for me. Although it would double as a reflector. ;)

I used stiff cardboard and gaffer tape to make a viewing hood for my Super Graphic. It looks like a box that's open at each end. One side fit's flush against the ground glass, the other side is cut to fit my nose and cheeks. The gaffer tape on the corners acts like a hinge so I can fold the whole thing up flat, and stash it in my bag. I've seen people make them out of foam core too, but I thought that thinner cardboard would fold up better.

Mine is going to be black on the inside, but some outrageous color on the outside, heat or no. There was a discussion a while back about this... Baically, why not stand out and make a scene? The images we make are not only in the silver, but also in people's minds.

I think I'm going to try the same thing Matt was talking about minus the face fitting design. I have seen the ones from the original graflex. Most of the time they are in rags by the time I see one, but Im thinking Black mount board. Or how about the old simi funnel design like they once used for radar screens. My real problem is my vision. Im not sure I can get a decent focus no matter what I do. Then again that's why I make f90 lenses.

JamesD said:
Mine is going to be black on the inside, but some outrageous color on the outside, heat or no. There was a discussion a while back about this... Baically, why not stand out and make a scene? The images we make are not only in the silver, but also in people's minds.

This makes me think of puting my website address on the outside of mine for advertising.

I have a buddy who found a thick T-shirt that's apparently light proof enough. He tied off the sleeves, sticks his head through the collar from the wrong way, and wraps the body of the shirt around the back of the camera. I've never tried it to see how well it really works, but I have envied how small he can wad that shirt up. The main reason I made a cardboard hood is that my dark cloth takes up too much space.

JamesD said:
So Terri, when do we get to see some of YOUR stuff? Hmmmm?? :hertz:
What kinda stuff you wanna see? :mrgreen:

I've played with dual toning again recently, and made a couple random enlargements. I posted some in this forum, a couple in General.

I got challenged by a Dark Sider to "show my dark side", so some older stuff is posted here.

The most recent stuff I've shot is for a secret project. Stay tuned. :sexywink:

mysteryscribe said:
Not bad for puny little cameras. If you would like I'll build you a real camera you can work with.
I'm afraid they'll come to life, and terrorize me. :meh: Like Poe and the Evil Eye.

Most reactions

Back