Cody & Vincent: (first) E-Session

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by JCleveland, Jun 6, 2009.

1. JCleveland

JCleveland TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This past March, I had the honour of shooting some engagement photos of the lovely Ms. Cody and Mr. Vincent, who I happened to go to high school with! They had gotten engaged down by SaskatoonÂ’s weir, so we had travelled our way down to the South Saskatchewan, took a few snaps there, and the troopers they are, followed me down a shady street to a lovely clay wall with a heart painted on it! Fitting? Yes. (Just recently they were house hunting, and they happened to stumble on an available place; it was the house with the clay 'Love' wall!) Enough yammering, this was my very first engagement shoot, so plenty of flaws, but I loved doing them so much, I hope to do many more in the future! C&C always welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. William Petruzzo

William Petruzzo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    These look great!

I love the blown out, high-contrast flavor of 1 and 2. These are just excellent. And number 3, I really like the washed colors and the aggressive playful composure. However, I think the angle is a little unflattering for Vincent. 4 and 5 are a bit more obligatory if you ask me, but they look great. 6 and 7 also look good, but I've never been too big a fan of the put-the-ring-in-weird-places pictures.

Anyway, all in all, I think they look great and I'll bet Vincent and Cody are going to love them!

3. musicaleCA

musicaleCA TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Whoa, I got sucked in by her eyes in number 2. Damn fine work, sir. *tips hat* I'm loving the high-key effect, too.

4. mrodgers

mrodgers No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    LOVE the processing work in #1. Fantastic. It's something similar to the way I do many of mine with my kids. This result is much better than mine though.

5. mikemicki

mikemicki TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nice pics. I too like that post processing work in #1.

6. JCleveland

JCleveland TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for all the responses. I was so utterly nervous to do this shoot with them for several reasons (knowing them, freezing weather, never doing an engagement... and the list goes on..), but I realized I love doing engagements (well so far lol) and I hope to get more experience with them as times goes on. Thanks again guys!

7. JCleveland

JCleveland TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    ;)