coffee shot

nolanator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i was experimenting with shutterspeeds and got this at 1/200 F/5.0 and ISO of 200 with flash. C&C please...lol it made a mess
coffeesplash.jpg

Put something that will float in the coffee. focus on it with your camera on the tripod. Once focused, switch it into manual focus (if not already there), remove object, create splash, take picture.

Put something that will float in the coffee. focus on it with your camera on the tripod. Once focused, switch it into manual focus (if not already there), remove object, create splash, take picture.

very nice. thank you:D

eh...not quite as interesting, but is this technically better?
coffeesplash2.jpg

Need a wider DOF. I might try lighting to get rid of the specular highlights as well (either side lighting outside of the family of angles, or something that's wide enough to completely cover the family of angles, but that may be more illuminated than you want).

Need a wider DOF. I might try lighting to get rid of the specular highlights as well (either side lighting outside of the family of angles, or something that's wide enough to completely cover the family of angles, but that may be more illuminated than you want).

im gonna save that for another day, but definitely good to know.

Most reactions

Back