Setting: Window Frame cutout, painted white
Post Proccesing: Minimal to None, Whitened Background in some areas

4388415337_49ec9de0cc.jpg

Shot for Portrait
ISO: 100
Shutter Speed: 1/60s
f/: 1.8
Focal Length: 50mm
Lighting: Nikon SB-600 mounted on Camera, tilt: 60Degrees, pointed top right, background light, Natural sun light, 4:00PM
Camera: Nikon D3000
Setting: Sliding door, red/orange curtains, outdoor lighting coming through
Post Proccesing: Minimal to Medium, Convert to B&W, with some wrinkles removed

4388415295_f24a59385f.jpg

Last edited:
I think the portrait came out very nice and good idea swapping it to B&W. #1 doesn't really catch me, but it's clear and detailed, the white background works also! Although, Looking at it again I kinda like the reflection that's caught in the bottle kinda unique... :)

#1 looks flat to me, it seems to lose its "roundness"

#2 nice portrait, could be on the back of a book

1 - I like it, perhaps lower the brightness just a tad looking at it for more than 2 seconds hurts (on MacBook @50% brightness).

2- Good job with the lighting. I don't like the background when B&W its to similar to the tone of her face and clothes, I feel like more of a contrast between the subject and background would help. Or affect the DoF so the background is even less clear.. you'd have to test that but taking it against a background that has more contrast with the subject would definitely help.

1 - I like it, perhaps lower the brightness just a tad looking at it for more than 2 seconds hurts (on MacBook @50% brightness).

2- Good job with the lighting. I don't like the background when B&W its to similar to the tone of her face and clothes, I feel like more of a contrast between the subject and background would help. Or affect the DoF so the background is even less clear.. you'd have to test that but taking it against a background that has more contrast with the subject would definitely help.

haha alright ill do that with the coke bottle,

and for the portrait, i thought the background blended as well, so ill try and mess with that a bit, try and make it darker or something.

Thanks for the C&C so far, anything else?

Bumping your own thread is lame BTW (welcome for the bump)

I agree about the brightness of the first image. Coke needs to be darker, needs more contrast against that white background, it should be popping but it's not. <3

I agree about the brightness of the first image. Coke needs to be darker, needs more contrast against that white background, it should be popping but it's not. <3

aight will do, i have an edited version ill put it up

Most reactions

New Topics

Back