Cold Mountain

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
I've edited this one quite a bit, including taking out the Pikes Peak highway zig-zagging up one slope. It still needs something. It was late day and pretty cloudy, north side of Pikes Peak.

DSC09923re650.jpg

Nice one dan! I wonder if cropping about 2 inches or so off the bottom would help, like removing the tree's pretty much. I find the closest tree to be distracting.
The mountains and sky look amazing though.

There is my ideas. just a quick 5 min ps job I hope you don't mind. but I thought i could show my ideas better.
29311519.Testtpfcopy.JPG

I'd like to see at least half of the sky cropped out. Maybe even down pretty close to the peaks. I like the dark foreground; it creates a solid base for the image. The area of bright sky needs to be reduced; it takes away from the height of the mountains.

dan,
Are you going for black & white or for color?
I would like to see more detail in the bottom border to better elude to 3-dimentions and better lead the eyes into the photo.

nikon90s said:
There is my ideas. just a quick 5 min ps job I hope you don't mind. but I thought i could show my ideas better.
29311519.Testtpfcopy.JPG
nikon90s, your version:
The sun on the white caps is not from the sun of your semi-sunset. The direction of the light in the original is from the right of the viewer.
The horizon should never split the frame into two equal halves.
There's no detail in the forground
The Setting Sun is in the center of the picture.

The sum and substance of the original has been totally changed.

Desaturate the highlights that are in the forground and on the mountain in order to hide the original direction of the sun, move your sun toward the right (or) the left margin and you will have made yourself a nice photo. A totally different photo but nice all the same.

Your rendition of a sunset is excellent and displays an excellent PS ability. Good job on a sunset.

Okay, I "Ansel Adamized" a little and gave it a slightly gold, somewhat monochromatic look. This ones even darker though. Seems a little more dramatic to me but after several versions I've been looking at it too long.

DSC09923re650b.jpg

Nice to see you keep working with this - I like your latest version quite a bit. Nice work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back