collage pricing

Many Hats

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have a pricing guide for collages? We use to include them in packages, but realize we're giving away our time. 1-10 extracted images in a collage are worth something...but what? My business partner has suggested $20 per extracted image. Sounds good, but when we've been giving this away for just the price of the print for so long, it's hard. We give away our time and know we need to charge for it. How do you suddenly buck up and tell established customers you have to be paid for work they've come to feel (our fault) entitiled to? Granted, giving away our time is our worst fault but I'd like to actually make some money at this job. Anyone want to buy a studio?

Raise your prices to cover the costs/time of the collage.

<<Raise your prices to cover the costs/time of the collage.>>

Ya think?? Any more detailed advice? Any formula? How do you price yours?

There doesn't seem to be a right or wrong for how to set your prices. What works for me, might not work for you...or what works in one are, might not work in yours etc.

Do you think your clients would be more put off by a raise in your sitting or primary fee...or by a raise in the price of your collage (or other individual products)?

Do you get clients/business because of your collages, perhaps because of their low cost? You could consider the collage itself, a cost-loss item to generate business and raise your primary prices to make up for it.

Most reactions

Back