Collage/storyboard advice! Does it work?

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Karalee, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    So originally they started out as a way for me to save my "scrap" photographs... but Im not sure if Im overly sold on them. Im wondering if people actually sell these things (as prints) and if theyre worth the hassle? Do you offer them? Do they fly like hot cakes, or are they a waste of time?

I did this one that the parents, aunt, grandparents and great grandparents went nutso over. Technically though, Im not sure it sits well with me. What do you think.

[​IMG]

Im sure someones going to tell me if the customer likes it then they like it, be happy with it, but I need to hear the opinions on these things. Love them? Hate them?

2. Funkyflame

Funkyflame TPF Noob!

oh I lke it ... I`m scrapping too ...
    maybe you can take a third pic and wrote someone ...

here is one of my designs ... *only an idea ..*

[​IMG]

3. Holly

Holly TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Im a Scrapper myself.... Im into the story boards.. YES people do buy them NO doubt... Its a great way to save a *storY* and hang it on the wall.... Your best bet would be to present to the family you are doing the story board for and let her know she has the option of getting one.. IF she doesnt want one she will tell U... :)

Great job with it!

4. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'd go with a little more separation between the two images. Right now, it looks like his hand is going right into his neck.
    But I could see where parents are likely to go ga-ga over things like this.

5. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I do like how the circular 'ness' is repeated through both, but Mark is right...that hand being right there is really driving me nuts!

6. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I find them cheesy as actual "portraits", but they are fun little snapshots and presented as such - and most parents adore high cheese when it comes to their own little wedges, right? ;) If you're onto something that sells and you don't mind putting them together, I'd say go for it!

I agree with what's been mentioned about these particular images needing some separation. Both cute shots.

7. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

Me too. It's a bit confussing with all the arcs. I think some more breathing room will help. Overall, I like it.

Pete

8. bogleric

bogleric TPF Noob!

very interesting ideas for scrapping, etc. I especially like Funkyflames approach with the nice image seperation, etc. Very impressive.

I had not those of doing these myself, how much do you typically charge to put one together?

9. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really like how you put it together. I love the closeness of the two images, and the concentric arcs. The kid's face is too close to the white line; I'd like to see more of him. If he'd been leaning over a little more it would be perfect. I think that the reason that your clients are excited is because it's not like something they've seen before. You had plenty of fairly straight stuff for them to look at right? I think it's great to throw in a few that are off-beat.