Collectible camera question of the week.

MaxBloom said:
mercury is it. you're un-stump-able

No, I am. :lmao: Ask (almost) anything about digital cams and I might not know the answer.

I would ask you almost anything about digital cameras if i knew almost anything about digital cameras ;)

Well... I only know historical facts, such as who is the inventor of the first digital camera. Also, when was invented and its resolution.

Dare to guess??:lol:

Not a clue. I do know that the early digital cameras hardly even make collector's items! One of my friends owns what I think is the first 1mp digital camera. It's this weird flying saucer-looking thing by polaroid. Also, years ago I was attending a film program at UCLA and USC and this guy game to talk to us with a very bad-arse looking camera. It was a big, fat Nikon 35mm with a digital back, and it sold for around $20,000 (I wish I could remember the model). Turns out our local newspaper bought a set of them for it's photographers, and about 6 months ago went to our local pro camera shop trying to unload them. They couldn't even get an offer. Not even $100 a piece!

It was conceived by an American engineer at Kodak in 1975. Had a resolution of 0.1 Megapixels and it was heavy, some 8 pounds!

That's like the camera equivalent of ENIAC!

JonK said:
The origianl Polaroid SX-70: What was the body made from? And how many variations on the original were there until it ceased production?

I believe the original sx-70 has a stainless body.
no idea how many variations... I'm guessing there were at least 10 or 12.

The original SX-70 I believe to have been made of Chrome-plated plastic.
As for the variations, I am stumped... However, I know of a few Alpha variations, one of them being a Sears.

Mitica100 said:
The original SX-70 I believe to have been made of Chrome-plated plastic.
As for the variations, I am stumped... However, I know of a few Alpha variations, one of them being a Sears.
You got it mitica!
heavy chrome plated plastic...gave it a brushed aluminum type look and was very sturdy.
From what I can glean off the net there appears to have been 13 incarnations of the original.

Most reactions

Back