Collecting Old Film

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I'm starting a collection of films that aren't produced anymore.

On the list:
  • Tech Pan (in 35mm or 4x5)
  • Kodachrome 25
  • any Kodachrome in 120
  • Panatomic X (single roll, but bulk would be better)
  • APX25
  • Konica IR
  • The Holy Grail: Freezer-Kept Super XX

So far I've got the TP in 35mm and the KC25. I would pay out the arse for freezer-kept Super XX.

Any suggestions on other films, where to find these (aside from ebay), or offers to sell (if you guys have any) would be appreciated.

I'm surprised that Time Zero Film isn't on there. I don't know where you could get it if you even want it other than ebay...

Omigod! You have Panatomic... 25 ASA, as I recall. How was it stored? I've heard that grain size increases with age, even when frozen. It was discontinued in '89, as I remember.

You might want to snag the color IR that's being D/C'd: Kodak EIR - while it's still minty fresh and $24 a roll....

Omigod! You have Panatomic... 25 ASA, as I recall. How was it stored? I've heard that grain size increases with age, even when frozen. It was discontinued in '89, as I remember.

I don't have the panatomic yet...I have the Tech Pan, exp 2005 IIRC

I'm surprised that Time Zero Film isn't on there. I don't know where you could get it if you even want it other than ebay...

Bet I can find it. I'll have a look around tomorrow.

Ya, I would like some Super XX 8x10 or larger sheet film PLEASE!

yeah good luck...i'd pay several hundred dollars for Super XX in 8x10

My friends and mentors have one of the last large stashes of super XX in sizes from 4x5 to 8x20, and perhaps some 18x22.

Too bad it will never be produced again.

Any chance you could hook me up? I'll pay serious cash for it. I'm looking for 4x5.

Wish I could help. They made a significant investment to buy the last of Kodak's stock once it was disscontinued, they do not sell it. It pops up on Ebay now and again, keep looking, I know I do!

Also looking for any Azo contact printing paper, regardless of age!

I think bergger makes xx now (with one more x, would it be a dirty film?) I wanna get some verichrome pan.

Kodak stopped making it in 2005.

What Michael and Paula have is very limited and only the newer versions where grade 2 is just terrible. However they are working on a new silver chloride paper which recent tests of looked good for production to hopefully start this fall with some luck!

I have a pretty good stash for now of Azo, but always looking for older stock of it, until the new paper is available.

Max, have you given Berrger film a try yet? I had used it for a year a while back before I switched to Efke/Adox. I just reviewed some of my negatives and photographs made with the film and I think I am going to give it a try again. Some say it is the closets thing to SuperXX, it may be close but nothing is SuperXX, but it is better than I remembered it being.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back