Collecting Wedding Info

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by nkmaurer, Oct 1, 2007.

1. nkmaurer

nkmaurer TPF Noob!

I was just curious if anyone that shoots many weddings had some kind of form that the couple fills out that gives the details about their wedding. (ex- times, places, bridal party size etc...) Something maybe to fill out together to make sure I wouldn't forget to ask something. I found that when I talk to them in person I don't write enough down and now that I am taking more weddings I can't keep all the details straight.

2. Peanuts

Peanuts TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
  3. wildmaven

wildmaven TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    In addition to his stated wedding fee, he charges $50 per roll of film he takes?? I've never heard of that! Is that common??

:confused: :confused: :confused:

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    There is no right or wrong way to charge. Maybe he prefers to charge $50 per roll of film, rather than raising his standard fee. Or maybe it's because he's had clients want him to take 1000 photos, and he ends up loosing money because of the cost of film & developing.

As for the 2nd part of it...that sounds like a standard clause for a photographer that turns over the film.

You need to understand that a wedding photographer needs to have a very comprehensive contract with all sorts of clauses like this. Much of it sounds terrible but it's for your protection. Many of them stem from past experience. In this case, a client probably had a hissy fit because 3 frames out of every 36, were duds. Of course, you can't have every exposure be perfect but some clients don't understand that, so you put it into the contract. Of course, most photographers edit and cull their images before the client sees them, so this would not be an issue.

5. wildmaven

wildmaven TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I just think it would make the bride nervous. I'd be watching to see how many times he changed film, hee hee. Seriously, though, I do see your point. :)

I guess if he's giving them his negatives, he'd have to have that in the contract. :) It's kind of like digital photographers showing the images before they're processed.

6. jols

jols TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

thanks for this question the google search was very helpful

7. wildmaven

wildmaven TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I would recommend anyone using that form to look it over carefully. There are some spelling and grammar mistakes. ;)

8. JIP

JIP No longer a newbie, moving up!