Collections

I'm pretty excited over this. My Mom had this when I was a kid, and I was always fascinated with it, but hers developed a light leak that I didn't want to repair, plus hers was showing some age. I found this one the other day for next to nothing, and it looks like new. The owner said it was hardly used..

Minolta XG9

Minolta XG 9 by D. McConnell, on Flickr

For light leaks, and by now all my Minoltas have light leaks especially from the lower seal, a quick fix is an electrical, black tape. If unsure, use double layer. :D

I'm not a camera collector. I'm a camera accumulator. I've learned just enough history to appear to have a scholarly interest in them, but I just love to look at the clever technology.

This is what I have cleaned up and more or less working:

$14583288290_2cf1b563bd_c.jpg

$14747000636_3582f6b96f_c.jpg

The presentable ones, that is.

I think they all have light leaks.. I bought two others for 5 bucks once, and they both had them as well. I got lucky with this one though.

Last edited:
Those look great, and nicely displayed.

I picked up this Minox B today. I got the flash attachment some unopened film in the box, and the book. I cleaned it up and everything including the meter seems to be working. I'm going to test it out in a few weeks with some new film if I can find some.

Last edited:
Voigtlander Vitessa folding rangefinder, Voigtlander Ultramatic shutter-priority SLR, Canon T90, Nikon F4.

The Vitessa and the F4 are working, the F4 even uses modern G lenses (but won't actuate VR) and my SB-600 Speedlite! The Ultramatic has a jammed shutter, and the T90 has a bent shutter blade but was working fine until whatever happened, happened.

The picture was a lighting challenge on another forum I'm on. Single off-camera speedlite well to the right, silver projector screen on the left as a reflector, black side of reflectors behind and to the left of the table to remove wall reflection. The "grit" on the table is actually the flash reflected in the rough woodgrain.

The Voigtlanders were my dad's cameras, both purchased brand new.

He gave me the Vitessa in 1979 when I begged and begged and begged for something for Christmas that was better than my Instamatic. He handed it to me with a light meter, advised me to shoot Kodachrome, and left me to it!

The Ultramatic was an amazing piece of kit. Shutter-priority or manual, leaf shutter, interchangeable lenses (I have the 50-f;2, the 35-f:4, and the 135-f:4,) and except for the self-powered light meter, not a single electron flowed through it anywhere!

The T90 was something I salivated over, being an AE-1 owner at the time. But who could spend 1100 bucks on a camera?!??!!!! I got this one on eBay and used it occasionally for a couple of years until something happened that ate a shutter blade. I might pick up another one someday.....

The F4 is just incredible. Works perfectly, feels great in the hand, full-featured and fully functional, and less than 150 bucks these days! A dial or button for everything, and everything on its own button or dial. No menus and no multi-function knobs. Will mount any F-mount lens in existence, non-AI, AI, AF, AF-D, all the way up to modern G lenses, and works with them as any camera made for them would have worked. (A pre-AI 50mm f:1.4 is mounted here.) Metering, AF, auto modes, everything.

The Vitessa and the F4 each get a roll of Velvia every now and then, just for old times' sake!

Last edited:
I realize I never listed my collection. Might have to gather them around for a picture.

Sheesh, Leonore, way to fail. GET ON WITH IT. :D

Hi ppl, I'm new

are collectors also interested in photo equipment like this meopta magnifax 3
foto-472e844b07547.jpg

my grandpa died recently and he was photo enthusiast and had few b&w Kodak cameras, this magnifying station and whole bunch of lesser equipment. any idea of it's worth? It's all working and in good condition

@limr WHERE'S YOUR COLLECTION??!!!??!?!

Svabos, I'm not sure what it's worth, but there's still some darkroom guys out there, so there may be some interest if you're willing to ship it.

@limr WHERE'S YOUR COLLECTION??!!!??!?!

Svabos, I'm not sure what it's worth, but there's still some darkroom guys out there, so there may be some interest if you're willing to ship it.

I'll gather them up and take pictures this weekend.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back